Ch. 17 This is New

Chapter 17 This is new

(Kassie POV)

I was laying on the bed, not wanting to get up. Not wanting to face reality. I wonder if anyone else felt the way I am feeling right now? There's nothing I want more but for this to end. Why was he doing this, it was like I was a toy he wanted to play games with. It was obvious what he wanted me to know. That when he was ready he would come and take me.

I couldn't and won't let that happen, but how can I fight against a monster who's face I've never seen, why was he always hiding from me if he believes he is stronger than me?

Was it part of his game, I needed answers. I feel like I could be so close but yet so far at the same time.

a Knock came from the door to the bedroom. I sat up and stared at the door, wondering why was Chris knocking. he was a Gentlemen so of course, but this was still his house so there was no need for knocking.

"Come in," I said and he opened the door walking in.

"I have something I need to tell you, Kassie," Chris said sitting on the bed in front of me.

"Go ahead, don't even bother holding back with all I've been through. I wouldn't be surprised if the Devil his self-came and dragged me to hell for no reason." I said and Chris smiled at me with a sad smile.

"That's not your story Kassie." He said and I laughed.

"Mind as well be, so what's up?" I asked moving closer to him and crossing my legs. I grabbed one of his hands and held onto it.

"We think we've figured out who the killer is but we still don't know his identity." He said and my heart was pounding so fast that I could have sworn I could hear it and so could he.

"What do you mean? who is he?" I asked wanting to know the answer does that mean that they can find him? That this could all stop because I was getting sick and tired of all of this.

"We've connected it and found two of his survivors. The ones who made it out of his place. Where he kept them captive." Chris said slowly.

"What do you mean where he kept them captive?" I was in fear of what Chris would say, I knew that this monster was sick but the fact that he was this sick.

Let me know that he could truly snap anytime he wanted and just come after.

"He kept woman captive with him in his house. Melanie Carvalli and her sister Tiara were the only ones who could escape. We're are going to meet with them soon." He said and I quickly got off the bed.

"Then I should get ready because I want answers, I need answers," I said and he nodded his head.

"I know, I want answers too." He said giving me a sad look and got out of the bed and stood up in front of him.

I held his face between my two hands.

"Don't feel bad, you've been protecting me for this long okay. I'm still here with you." I said.

I wanted to kiss him, fuck it honestly. I needed to live more anyway. with all the things I started facing and going through. I truly wanted this.

I kissed him and felt him pull my body closer kissing me back.

I ran my fingers through his hair and sat on his lap wrapping my legs around him.

Trailing kisses down his neck.

"Come take a shower with me," I said

Making eye contact with the prettiest eyes I've ever seen.