CH. 44 Are you sure?

(Chris POV)

I dropped Dalton home, making sure he was inside his house safe before I pulled away.

It was something that I always did, truthfully it was something I didn't mind doing.

After all, we live in a world with horrible people.

I started heading home.

After the day Dalton and I had, I needed a hot shower.

I hope the girls at least had a better day, but something was telling me they probably didn't.

Hopefully, they didn't get themselves in any trouble but knowing them. Who's to say they didn't. Each one of them individually was trouble in their own way, imagining all of them together, just means they're always getting into things together.

I let a sigh, already remembering the plans they had already come up with. Part of me couldn't wait to find out what plans they had come up with now, another part of me was hoping that they really didn't come up with a risky plan, but knowing them. That most likely didn't happen.

I glance at my rearview mirror and noticed that there was a car behind me, I paid it no mind and kept driving.

My phone started ringing, and Kassie's name pops up on the touch screen section of my car.

I smiled as I answered.

"Hey, are you home?" I asked her.

"Yes, I thought you would be home when I got there, where are you?" She asked me.

I turned left and noticed that the car behind me also turned left. I raised a brow to that.

"I'm heading home, did you ladies come up with a plan today?" I asked her, already knowing the answer.

"I'm sure you already knew we would," Kassie said chuckling.

I smiled at that, we both knew the truth.

"So when I get home, you're going to tell me about this plan of yours?" I said on the phone to her.

"Yes, I'll tell you over dinner." She said, causing me to raise my brow.

"Dinner?" I asked I haven't even decided on what I wanted to make for dinner yet.

"Yes. I'll be cooking tonight." She said, causing a huge smile to appear on my face.

My eyes glanced up at the rearview mirror, the car was still tailing me.

"That's good sweetheart, can't wait to get home," I said, making a quick right turn, the car also made a quick right turn.

"Son of a bitch," I said this person was definitely tailing me.

"What? Chris, what's going on? I feel like something is wrong." Kassie said, I could hear the worries in her voice and I tried my best at first to not make her worry but I knew she would pick up on it soon.

"I'm being tailed," I said

"What! It has to be him." Kassie said.

"I'm thinking of turning my car around and facing him to see what he does," I said.

"No. Go to a public place, pull into a store parking lot or something. Chris, don't do anything dangerous." Kassie said and I almost wanted to chuckle on how the tables have turned

"If it's him, I want him to know that I am not scared of him. At all." I said on the phone.

"Chris listen, I know you're not scared of him but this is dangerous okay. Don't confront him, just pull into a public place parking lot, please." Kassie said. I was going to turn around and confront the person but just the tone of Kassie's voice led me to not do it.

If Kassie knew exactly how I could be when I was pushed to the limit, she wouldn't be worried about me.

I let out a sigh and pulled into this Walmart parking lot.

I took details of the car, memorizing it.

Getting the numbers of the plate tags, the driver of the car didn't follow me in, instead continued driving straight.

I looked out the window and noticed the cameras that Walmart had in their parking lot.

"That's why he didn't follow me in," I said to myself.

"Chris? What's going on?!" Kassie said in a worried tone.

"Nothing, I'm fine. I took your advice and I'm in a Walmart parking lot right now. He didn't follow me in because they have cameras in the parking lot." I said, writing the details of the car down on my note pad, including the car plate tag numbers.

I know for a fact he didn't think I saw his plate tags but I did,

There advantages that I have over him that he has no idea about.

"Well, I'm going to pull further into Walmart and park my car next to some other cars. In the meantime baby. Is there anything you want me to get from the store baby." I said, changing the vibe of the conversation.

I didn't want to have Kassie being worried about something like this, especially something out of her control.

I especially wanted her to know that I will be able to protect myself, it was her that I was worried about.

"I know you're trying to calm me down, Chris. I'm just really nervous now, especially when you were just being tailed." She said, as made sure my car camera was still on and getting out of my car.

I press my car alarm button, to activate it and to lock my car as I made my way towards Walmart.

"You know when all of this is done when that sicko is finally found and we can just try to finally be at ease. I can't wait to tell you all about me, so you can finally understand why I wasn't worried about confronting him or why I'm not scared of him.

"I'm not scared of him either, but that doesn't mean that I don't know how dangerous he is and the fact that he can hurt people because of me. You've seen what he's done before and I can't let him hurt you, you mean so much to me and you know that." Kassie said in a soft voice, causing my heart to clench.

"I know, you mean so much to me also Baby. I understand, so what do you want me to get?" I said, getting inside the story.

Kassie let out a low chuckle and told me what I should get at the store.

Kassie had no idea the effect she had on me because the old Chris would have definitely turned that car around and confronted that psychopath.

And do much worse.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Well, Well, Well. Who do you Dolls think was following Chris?

What do you Dolls think that person wanted?

Do you Dolls think that Chris should have turned around and confronted whoever that person was?

Or are you Dolls glad he listened to Kassie?

COMMENT YOUR RESPONSES, I truly want to know.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu