CH. 67 Is it over?

CH. 67 Is it Over?

(Kassie POV)

We were in the courtroom; this was the day that we would hear if the woman were found guilty or not.

My sisters came for support, and so did Melanie, Tiara, Derek, Dalton, and event Agent Bones, including the other women that were held captive by the monster. They also came to show their support.

Melanie did tell me that she had something to say to me, Tiara, and the other women after this, which was something that has been on my mind since I sat in the courtroom.

I had asked her if she would be able to tell me now, but she had a wary look on her face and told me it would be better to say to me later.

She was going to be sentenced soon, and everyone was waiting for that.

All the people lives she has affected were here wanting for her to be found guilty as well.

I was staring at her, I don't know when it started to happen, but I had begun to stare at her.

She was the woman who killed my father, the woman who took the only family I had left away from me.

When I had lost my mother, my father had vowed that she would be there for me and protect me.

I felt betrayed when my father brought a stranger into our home; most people need to consider their children's thoughts when they're thinking of cohabitating with someone; they have to think of all the outcomes and, sadly, even the bad ones.

That's something each parent should take into consideration; some people will start to feel a certain way about it. That maybe they should be a little selfish sometimes, but people should consider their kids above everything else.

I felt Chris squeezing my hand; I turned my stare to him.

'Baby.' He minds linked me.

'Yes?' I said in the mind link.

'They're giving the judgment.' He said and my attention

"We the jury find the defendant guilty on all counts." The juror

The woman didn't even seem phased about it,

I turned my attention to the others who have been affected by that woman as well; they were all looking at her.

I turned my attention back to find the officers putting handcuffs on her.

No emotions crossed her face.

She turned and looked at us, her eyes staring at the children who were now adults' lives she's affected.

No remorse was found on her face. I don't even think she will ever feel guilt.

She was just evil.

As they took her away, the judge stood and gave a speech to the victims that have been impacted by what the woman has done and that he's sorry that justice is now being served, that he hopes we all move to find peace.

Find peace?

I wonder how everyone was going to take that.

I got up with Chris; she's found guilty, of course, I am glad that she is but that still doesn't change the amount of torture she has caused.

I'm just glad that she won't be able to do that to another family anymore.

I'm just glad she's been sentenced to death row.

Chris took my hand, and I turned to look at him, having him by my side since the beginning was something that I couldn't ever imagine not happening.