Chapter 8 You're stuck with me

Chapter 8 you're stuck with me

Detective Princeton POV

I held the door open for her; she walked in and looked around. "Wow this is not what I expected." She said looking around my house. "I thought it would be a man cave and messy with lots of man stuff around, but this is by far what I thought your home would look like. I must say I'm impressed." She said staring at me with one of her eye brows rose up. I let out a laughed. I wonder what she thought my house would actually look like.

"I'm actually a very clean person, I do have a man cave though but I like to keep my house simple and clean. I know sounds weird." She shook her head as if she was disagreeing with me. "It actually sounds nice." I held her stare until I couldn't stare at her anymore, rule number one never get attach to a victim. "I'll show you and Oscar to your rooms later but I have a feeling you would like to look around."

I said walking towards the kitchen and telling her to follow me, "This is the kitchen, my grandmother design it herself." I said walking in my huge kitchen, as soon as Kassie walked in with Oscar in her hands; her mouth drop at the sight of the kitchen.  "Oh my gosh your kitchen is life, I want your kitchen! Do you even cook in this kitchen?!" I looked at her amused at her reaction towards my kitchen; she can cook all she wants in it. I wouldn't mind, well I mean she can keep herself busy while this is going on.

"My grandmother designed it, thank you. Come on you can't stay in the kitchen forever." She gave me a look that says she can try but follows me anyway while I show her the living room, I walked upstairs and she follows. I show her the bedrooms and my man cave and the back yard with the pool and patio. We headed back to the rooms and then I showed her, her room where she placed Oscar in who was still sleeping. I didn't understand how a cat can sleep for that long but hey who am I to interfere. "We should go get some stuff, for you and Oscar plus I need to go grocery shopping." She nodded and followed me downstairs and out the door. We headed towards my car and got in. I started the car and started driving out the neighborhood. "Detective Princeton-" she started to say but I cut her off. "Kassie if we're going to live together you mind as well call me by my name. My first name. Come on say it with me Chr-is Chris." I said laughing at the end which leads me to getting a roll of the eyes from her.

"Chris." She said, as soon as she said my name, a lump formed in my throat. For some reason I like the way she said my name. "Chris, can we go to the mall to get me some clothes. I'll pay you back when I can." She told me playing with her fingers. I shook my head "Don't worry about paying me back, I got you. But let's head to the grocery stores first. I want to go to two places and I think you can help me shop." She gave me a smile, my heart beat in a fast paste when I saw her smile and her dimples showed.

"Sure, you should also let me help you cook, it's the least I can do." I nodded as I entered the drive way of the huge Western Beef market. I opened the door and went around to open the door for her, I was surprised to find her still sitting in the passenger seat she would usually get out or look like she was about to open the door. As I opened the door for her she smiled and my heart started beating "Yeah I'm getting used to you opening the door for me I can tell you were shock by that lock that was on your face."

She said grabbing the hand that was held out to her and getting out the car. "a lady should always be treated like a Queen." I said looking at her. Her eyes flashed up at me and her cheeks started turning a crimson red. "Let's head in." she said walking towards to the Western Beef, I followed her. Why did I say that, ugh that was a stupid thing to say? As I caught up to the entrance, she grabbed a shopping cart and smiled at me as if she was trying to reassure me that she was okay. I smiled back at her. "What's on our list Chef Princeton."