CH. 72 Our Love is Forever

(Kassie POV)

"I know you're not here right now, but I hope you're around in spirit as I know this day was taken from you, but I wished you were able to be here for this moment," I said, sitting on the chair.

"I love and miss you, Dad, I know you would be proud, and it saddens me that you're not here today, but it's okay because I'll walk for the both of us," I said getting up.

I face myself in the mirror.

I was wearing my wedding dress.

I was going to walk down the aisle.

My sisters were already in their position. Chris was already there waiting for me.

I continued staring at myself in the mirror, giving myself a pep talk.

Not because I wasn't ready, I was ready. I just needed to talk to myself.

I've been through a lot, and now here I am getting married to the man I love.

"You've been through a lot Kassie," I said to my reflection in the mirror.

"Your father was taken from you by an evil woman," I said to myself, shaking my head.

That woman got what she deserved in prison.

She was found killed in the prison restrooms; I'm not the one to dance and party on anyone's death, but believe me, I did.

After all. Karma has its way with evil people.

The women that were taken and held in the basement were attending my wedding as well.

We all formed a group where we meet every two weeks.

It helps us both a lot.

Melanie and Tiara were standing next to my sisters, as they were part of my bride's maids as well.

"You're a fighter, Kassie," I said to myself.

"You survive many things; you survive the foster system," I said, nodding to myself.

"Even though you were never adopted, but it's strange how the universe worked because neither were the girls you survive the system with, and you all became sisters," I said.

"You've met someone who made fall in love, believe in love, and now you're happy. You're getting married today; you're getting your happily ever after. So, walk out those doors, girl. Go get it." I said to myself and smiled.

I walked out the doors, made my way to the front doors, and the music started.

The doors opened, and I stared at Chris, who stared at me back with a look filled with happiness.

The way he was looking at me made me feel so loved.

I started walking down the aisle.

Chris decided to mind link me, which made me smile through tears.

'Damn! is that my future wife. who's walking down that aisle in that beautiful dress!' He said in the mind link.

'Yes.' I said, smiling.

'You're so beautiful.' He said, and I clench the flowers in my hand as my heart started beating against my chest.

'We are going to be happy forever.' Chris said, and I smiled.

I reached him and handed the flower to one of my sisters.

"We are gathered here today-" The preacher started, but I cut him off, I found it cute and amusing how everyone here besides Melanie used the same preacher in all our weddings.