CH. 55 Let us get through it

(Kassie POV)

The girls that were kept down in the basement were finally reunited with their families.

The fact that they were taken away from their loved ones in the first place is something that will always leave something with them and their family.

The looks on their family's faces when they were reunited with the loved ones, the same loved ones that they didn't know if they would be reunited with them again was something that not even words can express.

The families when they first arrived at the hospital did not want to talk to any of the reporters.

Of course, they didn't, they just wanted to rush towards their families.

I saw on the news that none of the family members paid any mind as they ran towards the hospital, the police officers had tried to control it but there were lawyers and FBI agents with the family members telling them that these were the victims family members to let them in.

"I'm so glad that they're able to be with their families now, any update on the freak?" I asked Chris, who was still sitting next to my hospital bed.

"Yes, I got an update that he woke up," Chris said.

I nodded my head slowly, letting the words settle in, he was woken up. We are in the same hospital, he's not far away from me.

I shook my head, to clear my thoughts away.

"So what now?" I asked Chris.

Chris placed his phone on his lap and gave me his full attention.

"He's going to be charged for all the crimes he's committed, each one of them. Including with what he did in the FBI and the charges on him will be very serious charges. His case most likely will go to the supreme court." Chris said.

"There are going to want to hear this, how an FBI agent was able to do so many crimes, murder, rape, abducting and still not be able to be figured out. This is someone that was in the system, the government system." Chris said and I nodded my head.

"Chris, there's a lot of evil people, especially evil people that even work in the government. I'm sure other people have come across them too in the system." I said.

"Yeah, believe me. I know it. That needs to change, it makes people think that everyone in a government position isn't a good person, but that isn't true. There are good people, it's just the bad ones that are just getting worse." Chris said.

"Which isn't good, I don't like having people think that everyone in the government is bad. Yes, there are bad people but there are also good people there too. It's exactly like how they're good people in the world and also bad people." Chris said letting out a sigh.

I see where he was coming from, especially with him working in the government field also. unfortunately, the bad people have been showing themselves a lot lately.

Cops have been looked down on, especially with there being some bad cops out there, but of course, the good cops don't get light, but the thing is, there have always been bad cops in the system, it's just now the people are blasting them and putting them out there.

The people are now starting to fight back.

I squeezed his hand.

"Well, I know you're a great man and a great cop, I know you're good," I said to him, this was something that I knew bothered him, I could sense it.