Chapter 11 My Thoughts

Kassie POV

The thoughts that were running through my head were bringing me to a conclusion that I was going to act upon them soon, there was no doubt in my head that I would.

It was me he wanted, I know he won't stop killing these people, innocent people till he gets me.

That thought brought a shiver down my body and I hated it, but it was a thought that needed to be in my mind.

I had to do something, could I honestly let all these freaking people die because of me? I was just one person, by side he has something I wanted and I wanted it back.

I pick up my phone and was about to call the girls, but then I paused. My sisters had lives of their own. They didn't need my baggages in their lives also. They were all probably going through something too, I couldn't make them worry about me. What kind of person would that make me, I slid my phone back in my pockets.

I felt someone behind me, I turned around to find Chris standing behind me with a worried expression on his face.

This is why I didn't call my sisters, can't have all of them staring at me with the same expression.

"Hey" I said to Chris noticing that he was walking towards me. He stared at me, probably analyzing me and wondering if I was truly okay or not. Heck I wasn't and I pretty sure everyone knew I wasn't.

"Hey, let's get out of here. Okay?" He said rubbing his hands on my shoulders, it took me a moment to realize that I was shivering.

"Okay." I said and he pulled me to his side as we begin walking towards the elevator.

"How are the daughters?" I asked Chris we enter the Elevator. He faced me and leaned on the elevator side. As the door closed he spoke.

"They're both shaken up and are with their families." He said staring at me.

"Hmm." I said not staring back at him, a woman lost her life because of me. A woman who was a mother.

"Kas, it wasn't your fault. Please don't blame your self for this." He said but I shook my head.

"It is my fault, why was I running that night, I should have never been running that night. Should have never even left my place."

The Elevator door ding, letting us know that it has reach it stop. The doors slide open and I waiting for Chris to get out before me and I followed him when he did.

"If you didn't witness what happened, we wouldn't have found that woman. Who knows what he would have done with her. We wouldn't have known that there was a man like that out there." Chris said as we walked out the department.

I let that sink in and my thoughts went back to the first woman.

As me and Chris headed towards his car, he opened the door for me and I got in. Watching him quickly go around the other side of the car to get in.

"I asked one of my team members to bring the stuff that we bought, to my house." He said starting to drive towards his place.

Many things went through my mind, unspoken thoughts.

I don't know how long I was in my thoughts because I suddenly felt Chris hand on my shoulder letting me know that we were here.

I got out the car and followed him towards his house, he opened the door and we got in.