CH. 39 The names on the board

(Kassie POV)

"So what do we know so far?" Tiara asked looking at the chart.

"Well, I don't know how precise I am but I think the psychopath isn't confident with himself, I also think he doesn't have a voice at work. So we have to look for someone on the board who fits that profile." I said. Melanie nodded her head and spoke.

"But the board isn't going to tell us that, we'll have to see that for ourselves in person. We'll have to go to their work environment." Melanie said.

Tiara put her hand up. "Yeah, how are we going to do that? I don't think they're just going to let us walk straight in there you know, we're going to have to come up with a good reason why we should be there without them suspecting anything." Tiara said looking at Melanie and me.

We nodded our heads, agreeing with what she said. We couldn't just go in there and just walk around. It wouldn't work like that.

"So, the fucker has no control in his life or at work, so he did those things to us because he wanted to be in control for once?" Tiara asked through gritted teeth.

I slowly nodded my head and she let out a humorless laugh.

"What a fucking nightmare." She said rubbing her shoulders.

"He likes to weaken his victims by taking away things that are close to them, destroying things that were close to them. He gets on the urge of going crazy or frighten." I said softly, the girls nodded their heads.

"I know." Tiara softly says.

Melanie looked to be in deep thoughts.

"What's wrong Melanie?" I asked her, she looked confused and seem to be thinking deep thoughts.

"From what I've heard, he's had me feeling crazy and made me feel like I was losing my mind. As in I felt like someone was following me, that someone was watching me and taking things from me but you mentioned he takes things from his victims that can destroy them. What did he take from me?" She asked.

Looking at us. "Kassie, he's taken years worth of evidence and other things that you kept, things that are driving you insane right now because you don't have them near you and Tiara we now know who he's taken from you. So what did he take from me?" Melanie asked.

"It could be your memories." I quietly said because I knew where Melanie was reaching but I was scared to agree with her, I was scared to open up a can of worms.

"No. He takes things before he takes his victims." Melanie said.

Tiara looks at her sister and when Melanie looked back at her. Tiara had a sad look on her face.

"You were pregnant, with your second baby. That's what he majorly importantly took from you." Tiara whispered.

Although it was a whisper, it was loud and heard between all three of us.

I watched as Melanie sat there, tears falling down from her eyes.

She raised a hand to wipe them, shocked that she was crying.

"Why am I crying even though I can't remember?" Melanie asked as she continued to wipe away her tears.

"Your heart remembers that's why," I said softly.

"Did.... Did Dalton know?" Melanie asked?

"Yes, he found out when we were taken. You were going to surprise him. He didn't just lose you, he lost you and the baby when that happened." Tiara said.