The sundered, ashened Earth 1/7 (SFW) Apocalypse-AU

Hello, today starts another story from me and   Geertwim

Thank you for shadoecrew who made theoriginal fanart. Yes, I asked them for their consent but i am still waiting for a reply :(

https://shadoecrewsart.artstation.com/

Its a short story and please beware of trigger warnings:

"Zombie", blood, death, expletives, all that fun - please be also aware that we will not repeat those warnings every chapter. Please read at your own discretion.

Don't like --> Don't read

Thank you all :)

Chapter 1

"At first you didn't know you were infected.

It took a heaping month for the virus to overthrow the organism called the human body. It feeds on the white blood cells, making it impossible for the immunity system to fight back. Then it invades your fucking brain. And in the end, you died. You always die.

You are forced to life as a demented, stupid version of yourself. Yes, yes, you can still open the door, and for a short period of time after the virus broke out you can still talk and all that shit, but your brain slowly degenerates. You degenerate.

The outbreak was kept from the civilians as much as possible until it was too late. 95% of the world had this shit stuff in their brains. How did you get it, you ask? We have no idea. Even six years after the outbreak, we still have almost nothing on that fucking shit. We only know that, if you die, you do not come back. If you do a little chop-chop and cut off their heads, it will be over. Oh, or rip the hearts out or destroy the brain, either way, it works. We have done so uncountable times.

And who do you think did that to us? It was not clear, but we think it was one of the greedy, hungry nations that was always starting wars. Anyhow, now we are forced out of the fucking shit we called home. Once upon a time it was a warehouse, brimming with non-perishable food and soil and all the shit you needed to survive. But what does it help you to have cute sunflowers when a madman tried to blow your head off the shoulders with a fucking shotgun? Nothing, really. And that was why we are here now. Bathed in blood and intestines as we fought back the Raiders that got a whiff of our 'riches'. Well, bottled water and a roof over our heads.