Prompt 29 - Chained (2 of 2)

Chained (2 of 2)

Continuation of "Traveler (traveled)"

Being bound to one place was agony for Brett nowadays. He wanted to leave the room, go to his bedroom and just jump into any world he could get. Not Hunger Games preferably but somewhere else. He had a lot of fun yesterday with the prompt 'Template' from one of his favorite authors. The setting and the prompt itself, the thinking outside the box, everything was simply amazing! He wanted to read more – and as he hopped into the fanfiction and turned into that being was also quite an experience – but sadly the prompt ended and the author proclaimed that it would not be continued.

Brett sighed and scrolled through the archive of this author. It was Friday and he had to wait one more day for the update of the big ass story too. He checked into the other ones, their collab partner – but even their beta-turned-alpha-story was not yet updated. He wondered if it would ever be. After their angel story ended quite abruptly, he was left stranded.

He checked in on some others, but he wasn't in the mood for soulmates or hanahaki or something like that.

He remembered the days when he was so narrow-minded and didn't even wanted to look at fanfictions because it was weird and strange and all that. Now he lived for the days of the updates and prayed hard for the authors to finish promising stories. And now, after doing that for quite some time, the real world was bland and lifeless. So... mundane. It drove him crazy to be chained to such a boring world. And also he couldn't fuck Eddy here and be done with, hopping into another story (yes, he did that frequently now; he even read the threesome of that one awesome author and even hopped inside to act it out more than a dozen of times now). Then it would get really awkward really soon.

And story Eddy was so cute sometimes! Especially the stories where he was an omega; too cute. And seeing Eddy round and pregnant was a sight he would never forget in his entire life. It made him want that too. He knew he had the ability to form his own stories as well – his gift grew stronger and stronger over the years and since he was using (or abusing) it more and more and so it skyrocketed – but he didn't try it as of now. He was too hesitant since he needed to write it as well. And his writing ability was like his drawing ability – bad and non-existent.

And since he needed to publish it – that was one of the requirements he noticed later on - so he had to first write it and then he could jump in. Live writing didn't count either, sadly enough. Otherwise he would have started with some few lines and then hop into the story to sculpt it. Sadly that was not possible. He wished it would be though. So now he was stuck on an empty google document and sighed. What should the story be about? Now his brain had to work overtime after a full day of shooting videos.

Now he understood the troubles a writer went through before posting or even writing a story.

He nibbled on his pencil and spun it. That was hard!

A ping of a notification distracted him. What? The author (his most favorite one) uploaded earlier? That was amazing! But no, it wasn't the big story but a One-Shot of an already finished story. The one with Eddy as the badass omega!

Immediately he brightened up and jumped into that. He loved that story! And of course many others too. Thankfully they still worked on that.

This time it was a bit of a struggle but he was happy nonetheless. Eddy was so utterly adorable as an omega! While the One-Shot was quite long, it ended at some point and Brett came back into the real world. He sighed. He wanted an omega wifey as well! He decided to reread a story since he had no other plans and it wouldn't hurt to do so.

So, he hopped into the One Shot collection and had his fun - literally. After he came back, he drank his water on the table. Yes, he definitely needed that! Everything was too hot and too steamy. That author was a naughty one. That was why it was Brett's favorite.

A knock on his door let him look up and he furrowed his brows. What?

"Ya?"

The door swung open and his best friend stood there, illuminated by the gentle yellow hue of the hallway lights.

Brett smiled upon seeing Eddy as the man stepped inside his bedroom.

"Uhm this might sound stupid but..."

"Just shoot. Nothing is really stupid," Brett didn't know what was up but they were friends for a long time and a lot of really stupid questions were asked. They joked about that but no harm was ever done.

"Just... this might be super stupid."

"Well, then drag me to your level, Eddy. I think I can handle that."

Oh how wrong he was in that assumption. He had no idea which truck hit him. But ignorance was bliss and for a short moment, Brett was basking in that exact bliss. Until Eddy opened his mouth.

"You... so, don't take it the wrong way but... you can do magic right? You hop into books and stories, right?"

Brett blinked and then slowly nodded. How did Eddy notice that?!

"Well, I can see and trace magic. But that's all besides the question, like, that's not the question that I wanted to ask, more... argh, you know what I mean. What I meant to ask is: why do you go into stories that are fanfiction? And don't you dare to deny it!" Eddy came closer and closer as his voice went up higher and higher, "Why do you go into fanfiction where you fuck me? That's what I want to know!"

All color drained from Brett's face and his smile dropped down. How... how?!

"I know because I see which story you were in! It's in bright golden letters above your head! 'Triple Vanilla Cake With Vanilla Frosting', dude that's porn!"

Brett gaped and he jumped out of the bed. He was found out! But wait... Brett furrowed his brows and looked at Eddy for real. His cheeks were flushed and he was panting. But more burning was the question of how Eddy knew what this story was about.

"Why do you know what this is? Did you read it for real?"

Immediately Eddy flushed even more red; he was a burning tomato.

"I ... I uhm ..." Eddy stammered and his ears and neck were getting red. The taller man looked down at his feet and stammered something about, "Wanting to read it since the title was so often above Brett's head" and things like that.

"Did you like it?"

It was all or nothing for Brett now since he was found out anyway. So it was the most interesting question for him right now. Did Eddy like it? If he did, then what did he like?

Eddy hid his face behind his long hands and shook his head. Brett came closer and gently pushed Eddy onto the bed – so Eddy could sit, not fuck him! (like some of the dirty ass readers' minds probably wanted) – and took Eddy's hand. Sadly, the younger man immediately snatched his hand away and looked to the side.

Brett sighed. He wasn't sure what to do now. "Eddy?"

But suddenly, Eddy jumped up, threw something in Brett's face and ran out of the room.

Confused, he opened the slip of paper. As soon as he read, he also blushed.

"Oh my..."

~Take me with you next time~

Well, that was a heavy call. And one Brett would love to put to the test right now. So he grinned and ran after Eddy as fast as he could.

Words: 1342