Childhood Friends Are The Best (NSFW) A/B/O-AU

In a worldwide pandemic situation, a coughing fit was the least you needed. Or anyone for that matter. Immediately the looks – not just glances, but full blown stares – he received made him super uncomfortable. Eddy quickly got off the bus, ripped his mask off and coughed into his handkerchief. The itching of his throat still didn't stop and he scratched his throat. Fumbling through his backpack, he unearthed a warm water bottle to chug the quarter that was left. It was disgusting – Eddy abhorred too warm water when it was cold in the first place – but it helped at least a little bit. The urge to cough was alleviated and the itching slowly subsided.

He fought a grimace at the stale taste and threw the empty bottle in the bin right next to the bus station after he finished it. Eddy checked his watch and sighed. Because he left the bus earlier, he now had to either wait an hour for the next bus or walk to his apartment. The omega sighed again and rubbed his neck. The skin underneath his collar was itchy and he wanted to take the damn thing off! So he decided to just put on his headphones and started walking. It would take him roughly 45 minutes so he sent a message to his fiancé. Maybe the alpha would read it in time and dreamily pick him up? Eddy chuckled. Nah, Antonio wouldn't do that. The man was too busy currently so he wouldn't see the message until very late this evening.

Antonio was his fiancé of six months and honestly, Eddy had no clue why. Yes, he said yes – he remembered that at least – but other than that... Why was he still together with him? Antonio was a sweet and kind person at first but as soon as they were a couple, things gradually began to shift. Not that Antonio was abusing him or anything, no, but Antonio was more and more disinterested in Eddy. Special days vanished from his mind, like their first date, getting together and he even forgot Eddy's birthday this year! They were together two years and Eddy dearly missed the over-affectionate cuddly boyfriend he fell in love with.

Along with Antonio's disinterest, Eddy's feelings also began to shift. Why he said yes six months ago was still a puzzle for him.

The omega looked at the ring on his finger. It was a silver plain one – which was fine to him; he didn't need a big diamond or even stone for that matter anyway. But it showed that Antonio really didn't think about Eddy when getting that. It was a cheap one for less than 100 bucks and silver. Eddy didn't even like silver! He specifically said to Antonio – when they were freshly together – that he wanted a titanium one. A black one! Not a silver one. Silver was an ominous color to Eddy. He didn't like the cool, almost freezing look of it. Gold was too decadent and rose-gold was simply not his color. So the black one was the best choice in his eyes.

Eddy bit his lower lip. Maybe he should stop being such 'high maintenance' like his lovely fiancé always told him and should not complain as much. But still! Eddy wanted what he wanted and not some rubbish he didn't like! Marriage was between the two of them, not only one party.

The omega was obviously frustrated as he looked at his ring finger and sighed in annoyance. Maybe he should give back the ring he didn't even want in the first place. Antonio frustrated him more than anything so it was not really worth hanging onto him, right? But what would he do then? Being alone scared Eddy. Not because he thought he would be robbed or assaulted or anything like that, but being alone was simply scary. He was a shy, introverted omega who more or less relied on his extroverted friends to pick him up and show him the world. That's how he met Anthony in the first place. Even though a lot of his friends were kind of iffy about him now.

Eddy hated sleeping alone, eating alone, simply living alone. He didn't have any energy to pick up his slack (for example his dirty dishes or even clothes from the floor) and wasn't motivated to do anything if not pushed. It wasn't like he had depression; he just wasn't motivated and didn't care enough to do it himself.