Red Carnation Part 2 (NSFW)

Re-Upload/Crosspost from AO3

Collab with vilopan / reviloo

Chapter 2 Act 1.5

Brett chugged the rest of the glass and ordered another one. He eyed the still half-full glass and didn't order another one for Eddy. It seemed like the boy either didn't like the drink or he was restraining himself from drinking more. It was always better to be clear headed on the job for sure. But was Eddy on the job? He was on business, yes, but did he have a mark in the club likeBrett? That would be a funny coincidence.

"Is your mark here?" Nothing was better to extract information than a straightforward question. They had nothing to hide from each other anyway.

Something about Brett's tone resonated within Eddy; Brett's eyes still carried with them the same dark look as before when he grinned, leaving Eddy with a strange sense of satisfaction and a small, bitter scoff as he shook his head.

"Not my mark. My client, actually." He jerked his head slightly toward the booth at the corner of the club. "He doesn't understand the concept of boundaries, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to drink a little and cleanse my soul of his dirty ass hands. He's one of those rich dickheads that think they can do whatever they want as long as they're paying, but hey. Who am I to complain? Pay's better than the average person."

Brett raised an eyebrow to that. "Meeting your client here ? Oh well, to each their own I guess. I like to actually speak to my client without shouting. And who is that specifically? Don't tell me the guy in the booth who tried to grab the waitress' ass right now." Because that would be his mark. Small world, it seems.

"Is he, now?" Eddy flinched, sparing a glance at the booth - and indeed, the man was starting his advances on a waiter. "Unfortunately so, I guess. But what can we do?"

Brett drowned another drink and scooted closer to Eddy, creating an aura of closeness and familiarity which was always a bad thing when confronted with a killer. He even went as far as laying a hand on Eddy's shoulder again, stroking the boy's arm while he smirked. "You really need someone who can help you with your clients if they dare to touch you. And no, I don't mean that you are unable to procure those clients, just that you might need a little nudge in the right direction. Who is your mentor? I know you like it messy so I am quite interested in how you were trained. There are not a lot of messy killers out there and that is for a reason. I'm sure you know that careless killers are prone to making mistakes and more often than not, they are wiped before they could fully bloom into the killers they promised they could be. It's always sad to hear one of us had to go, whether by their own choice or because they have a bullet in the back."