A Hedgehogs Velocity (SFW) Part 5/12 - Magic-AU

Chapter 5

It took about fifteen minutes for it all to be sorted out. Eddy made a pretty good plea and was getting pretty good at the puppy dog pout, since he used it a lot on Brett. Turns out his spoiled tendencies were also fed by the council, since they were also his teachers. The hedgehog wasn't able to avoid getting chewed out though for being stupid. But all in all he got off scot-free and came skipping back to Brett.

Brett was admiring the panel with the legacy of the unicorns right now so he was deeply immersed in that. He didn't try to touch it, because that would be just plain rude. His eyes wandered from the elite to the pegasus. He was almost melting. They looked so fucking cute. Even cuter than Eddy with his pout. The ornamented tapestries shimmered in the faint light but the newborn golden babies and the regal looking white-silverish adults were a sight to behold.

Yes, he totally needed to make friends with them. Their tapestry did hold quite a bit of info on them, but not nearly enough for Brett. He wandered a bit farther and bumped into Eddy. He looked up and smiled at him, "Oh, you are already done being chewed out? How was it?"

"We're free to go, unscathed," Eddy giggled, he didn't like getting scolded of course but it was better than getting punished, "You ready to go?"

He asked softly since it looked like Brett was basically glued to what he was looking at.

"I... uhm... I guess so?" Brett threw a last glance at the tapestries before turning back to Eddy, "You have books or something like that on your species, right? Where I can read stuff about them, right? Also, is it too forward to ask someone if I can take a picture of them? I mean, you said no staring, so I thought maybe I can take a picture of them and look at them later? But I don't wanna be rude, so yeah."

Brett fell silent and took Eddy's hand. He wasn't sure if he overstepped.

"Yeah there are books on my species, there's an archive we can go to so you can read about a lot of stuff. I think it would be unwise to ask someone to take a picture of them unless you pretend to have a good reason," Eddy squeezed Brett's hand as he walked towards the door they came through.

"I mean, my reason would be so I would not stare at them? But I still want to see them? Because I really don't wanna be the human creep who stares at everything." That would really diminish the chance of him flying on a pegasus! And he didn't need Eddy's records or books - because he could ask Eddy everything - but he wouldn't tell him that. He interlaced their hands and was at Eddy's side. He was his guide in this world after all.

"You can look at them, just not into their eyes. Looking is less creepy than taking pictures," Eddy snickered at him. Once at the door Eddy looked to Brett, "What kind of place do you want to go? My home forest, I would show you my burrow but you can't fit."

"Wait, I can't fit?!" Brett was hearing that for the first time. He thought he would go to Eddy's burrow, get to know his family and then... Well, explore? But if he couldn't fit then where would he sleep?

"Dude, I don't want to sound like a bitch right now, but when I can't fit in the burrow, where should I sleep? On the ground? In the trees where I will fall down and break my neck? Please tell me you have an idea. Even a rough one."

"You're not a hedgehog, of course you can't fit. Of course I probably could turn you into one, but yes I have a plan. I'm not gonna just feed you to the wolves. I got lots of savings and there's a cottage I'm looking at in the enchanted forest," Eddy said coolly, he had thought about it. Either a cottage or he was gonna turn Brett into a hedgehog too. So it would be up to the hooman which he wanted, although Eddy already assumed Brett wouldn't want to turn into a hedgehog thus not suggesting his burrow.