Blighted Heaven Part 3/6 (NSFW)

A/N: Today its a long one so appreciate that :D

Chapter 3

Eddy was still in the bathroom, he had finished showering and was actually drying himself this time before slipping into the clothes he was given. He lifted the rim of the shirt slightly and sniffed it, like hardcore sniffed it. It smelled pretty nice, he thought, for something that probably was just thrown somewhere. Once he was done sniffing, Eddy shuffled out of the bathroom. He had faintly heard Brett's footsteps up the stairs.

Brett just came up as Eddy was in the door. The doc's face relaxed and a soft smile was instantly on his lips.

"I hope you like the clothes, Eddy. May I go into the bathroom to check on the washing machine?"

Even though it was his house, he was still polite and asked Eddy. He didn't do it because he feared Eddy, but simply because he was who he was. A softly smiling, gentle doctor who wanted to help the people. At least in daylight. At night well, it was a different story.

"They smell nice, so I like them. It's also your bathroom, so you can go in," Eddy moved away from the door so Brett could slip past him, "Would you like me to stay up here to stay out of people's ways?"

He was trying to be a tiny bit more considerate, he did break in so it was probably good to actually listen to Brett for now.

Brett nodded and thanked Eddy before he went inside. The washing machine was actually finished so he put the wet clothes into the dryer and turned on the cycle.

"I don't really care, but I think if you stayed upstairs, it would make things easier. You can go through my stuff if you want, to try sniffing something out."

Brett had nothing to hide in his bedroom or any other room upstairs for that matter.

"Feel free to go through all my drawers and wardrobes and stuff. But please don't make a mess, that's all I ask of you."

He liked his tidy, clean drawers and he would like to keep it that way.

"I won't make a mess, which room is your bedroom?" Eddy perked up slightly when he was kinda given free reign of the upstairs. That would be fun, and maybe he would find interesting stuff. He had already looked through the downstairs when he was waiting for Brett yesterday, but the upstairs had never come to mind. Now he had the opportunity!

Brett pointed out the last room on the right side. "There. Have fun."

He was sure the killer wouldn't find anything. He had a housecleaning lady that came twice a week, and in no way he had stuff laying around that could be incriminating. That would be an outrage. Especially because he had everything... sensitive surely not in his rooms where another person had full entry to. But that entertained Eddy and maybe built more trust between them.

"Thank you," Eddy hummed as he went trotting along to Brett's bedroom. He wasn't exactly thinking of looking for anything incriminating because Brett had proven to be a smart adversary. Instead he would be looking for something interesting. Or just steal Brett's bed because he had a feeling it was gonna be one of those fancy beds. So in short he was just going to usurp Brett's bedroom and claim himself king until he had to leave. Just making himself at home because lord knew he would be coming to see Brett a lot more often now.

Brett said Eddy could and should make himself at home and he partly knew what he was saying when he said it. So Brett opened his bedroom door and stepped inside, with Eddy hot on his heels.

His bed actually was gigantic and super soft. It was worth a very, very pretty penny. The whole decor was dark wood on a dark wood floor with white and cream highlights. The sheets were golden silk and it was a very robust and sturdy looking bed. He had a whole wall containing the wardrobes and the other was filled with some leisure books. A few lamps were thrown in and a very soft, cream colored rug was under the bed, so Brett wouldn't need to step on the heated floor every day. It was just a standard, although very high quality bedroom. The nightstands on either side were empty except for an alarm clock on Brett's left side.