A Hedgehogs Velocity (SFW) Part 8/12 - Magic-AU

A/n: i am very sorry for the chapter to come up this late 😞 but I am currently moving so I hope, you can cut me some slack (ich forgot to upload it since I was too beat on the weekend 😂😅) 

Maybe next week will be better but I make no promises :D

Chapter 8

Eddy shuffled to the wooden hut, now not screeching at Brett. He instead hopped up the worn out stairs to the little porch. Once at the mangled door, he lightly scratched at it because he couldn't knock! He could scratch though so he did!

He could hear footsteps coming towards the door, so he moved away for the door to be opened. Brett was hot on heels so he was right behind Eddy and moved like him too.

The door swung open, narrowly missing them, and a person was standing in the bright light. Brett had to close his sensitive eyes because it was so suddenly so bright!

Eddy yipped up at the woman who now stood there. She glanced down then grinned widely, because she recognized the young hedgie, "Oh Eddy!"

She squatted down to pick up the good boy, "I was starting to think something bad happened to you."

She petted his nose before noticing Brett, "And who's this?"

The witch had soft pastel pink hair that was in a long loose braid. And Brett could only see it because he slowly blinked his eyes open and was immediately reminded of cotton candy. He nodded to her, "I am Brett, Eddy's friend. Can you understand me?" Brett immediately turned to Eddy, "Can she understand me? I am speaking hedgehog, not human!"

Eddy nodded a bit, to tell Brett that she could understand. Carefully she set Eddy down and reached over to stroke Brett's snout as well, "Nice to meet you then Brett."

She was a witch of nature, so it meant she could understand their screeches. Not that Brett had known that, Eddy didn't really explain anything to him. Brett huffed and he would stick his ide cold nose into Eddy's ear later!

"Hello, I am a human turned hedgehog. Nice to meet you too. Eddy didn't tell me your name. May I ask for it?" He was well mannered and like a gentleman, something he rarely was with Eddy. Since Eddy was a little screeching friend, not a lady. He would have bowed but he couldn't since he would only damage his nose by smacking it against the hard floor.

"Good evening, Miss Witch."

"Good evening, my name is Celeste," she hummed but stood up to her full height again as she looked down at the tiny little guests. It was strange to see Eddy with someone but she wouldn't ask. Also wouldn't ask why there was a mortal in their world. She suspected Eddy would tell her anyway, "Would you want to come in?"

Brett nodded and looked at Eddy; they were here not only for his leisure but also because Eddy had a job here. "Don't mind if I do!" The older waddled inside, looking around curiously. From his lower perspective and bad eyesight as a hedgehog, he couldn't see much but what he saw seemed to be like he always imagined a witch's hut to be. It was looking old and very used; the dark wooden floor was shiny, not because it was new, but because it was so worn over time that it polished itself. Also one could see a few planks were off color as they were probably newer because they were replaced. He saw a lot of herbs and dried flowers hanging from the ceiling, ready to be used in any concoction the witch wanted to make.

The two windows were crooked and mismatched curtains were shielding the dirty windows. Celeste didn't seem to mind not looking out of the frosted windows; she probably had a different method to see outside.

As the hedgehog waddled deeper inside he heard a hiss and looked to the side. A living flesh eating plant was there too! As well as a lot of others; some harmless, some definitely poisonous and some he had no idea what they were.