The Grey Scale (NSFW) Part 6 A/B/O-AU

Chapter Six - Hate, desire and longing

A/N:

the beginning of the end.
I've peaked as a writer like... 4 chapters ago. I should have stopped. Now you will all suffer because of this.
I hope you still enjoy :3

But first: SHOUTOUT TO steemsprite !!!! They are amazing :3
Thank you for supporting me on Ko-Fi :3

Chapter Six - Hate, desire and longing

The next few weeks were filled with frustration, anger, sadness and a whole lot of other roller-coasters of negativity.

Eddy was almost at the end of his rope. The situation was soul crushing. Brett didn't touch him anymore, keeping more than an arm's length distance between them whenever it was possible. He also went to the brothel several times a week. It was crushing for Eddy.

The meeting with his parents was clearly a disaster. They are also very against the bond and not only because of the age-difference. His parents thought Brett was too old for him and Eddy too young to enter such a commitment. Even after more than one month he hadn't been introduced to Brett's parents, which was one more sign of unwillingness from the alpha. To top it all, Eddy's heat was approaching. He needed to talk to Brett about it, but he couldn't find the guts to do so.

Every time he started to build up some courage, either the timing was wrong or something happened to deflate his confidence. This shouldn't be a problem. His mate should listen to him regardless of the topic. He should be encouraged to talk, not shot down. Eddy laid on the bed and silent tears seeped into his pillow.

Brett went as far as driving to his classes earlier than usual just so he was alone in the car. Eddy had to take the bus, even though Brett gave him a generous allowance for this.

That was also another point. Brett encouraged him in clip words to go out more, be socially active, do stuff with his friends and classmates after uni hours. Eddy thought that his mate wasn't saying this to be nice, but rather to get him out of the apartment. When Eddy wasn't there, the alpha didn't need to interact with him, right? Not that he did it anyway, so it wouldn't ever matter if Eddy was in the apartment or not..

Eddy's days were filled with silent breakfasts, silent dinners—they ate lunch separately in uni—and silent nights. He got a "Morning" and a "Night" but not much more. Brett was so careful to not touch him in any way. Eddy took cooking classes from his mum to make his mate happy, but he got nothing other than a thank you. He was pretty sure Brett only said that because it was ingrained in his upbringing, so not even that was special.