Part 100 (yay!!!) Prompt 31 - Remains (remain)

A/N:

This is the the 100th part of My One Shot Collection (I never thought I would achieve that lol)

Special Thanks and love for my two biggest supporter behind the scenes:

-MonDzia -

and

LizziepoOoOo

They pushed me with their wonderful messages, help and by staying with me to finish it. Thank you guys. Your support is what I (desperately) needed and I love you for that 💕💕💕💕💕💕

More A/N at the end :3

Remains (remain)

Looking back on his life, Eddy couldn't see one thing he would regret.

Well, one thing maybe, he wasn't able to tell Brett earlier he loved him. Just because he was stupid and didn't see the signs most likely. But they overcame it - in the most cliché way possible - and were together for almost eight years now. They went on many cliché and romantic dates, they made love a lot and they were open with their affection - much to his mother's chagrin.

The omega smiled at the memories as tears ran down his face. Brett was always by his side except now. Pain shot through his arms as he clenched his hands too strongly. A wave of pure pain rushed through his body as if he had been stabbed in his hole. He felt like he was dying.

He screamed out, everything slowed down, focusing on this one moment of the most pain he ever felt. The man cursed everything under the sun and moon, from heaven to hell and he glared at everyone who was around him. Where was Brett?! It was the fuckers job to rescue him!

The pain never seemed to end. He was panting, the screaming got hoarse as his voice gave out under him. Sweat dripped from his forehead, his hands hurt as he gripped the railing that was beside him. The torture was never ending and he would die, he was certain of it. He wailed and his head felt like it was exploding with all the pain he was in. He huffed and puffed but it didn't help.

The sheer amount of pain he was in; he never felt like this. And he would never do it again since he would die any moment now. It had been hours and still no sign of Brett. Where was his alpha? Eddy sobbed as the screaming around him continued. People were shouting something but Eddy didn't hear any of it. He just heard the rushing of blood in his ears; they were ringing from his own screams.

It was like a knife was taking its fucking time to slice through his stomach and then upwards and downwards at the same time. What the fuck were those fuckers doing to him? Well, Eddy had no time to think that because as they twisted the knife, he could only sob and cry between his wails thanks to all the pain.

And then, suddenly, it was over. Something was flushed out and the screams died down. Everything was silent. Then, a tiny little wail was heard. A soft, unsure scream. Eddy blinked his eyes open as he heard that. Oh my!

His eyes looked upon the tiny little, very bloody baby and his sight was blurry again. He sobbed, but this time from pure happiness.

The red slimy thing he pushed out was put immediately on his chest. His hands were shaking so badly, he feared he would hurt the little thing, but as he gently held his little bloody potato it miraculously died down. The door was slammed open and Brett rushed in, a panicked look in his eyes. Eddy looked up to see his alpha run to him. Ah, his knight in the shining armor was there! Well, too late, but he was there.

"Love, oh my god, I'm late. I'm so sorry, I'm fucking late. Oh god, Eddy, I'M so damn sorry! I swear, the traffic was the worst, oh god." The alpha's eyes set sight on the little bloody potato too.

"Oh my...", he whispered, "She is beautiful. Is it a she?"

Eddy looked at the doc who was standing between his legs. A nurse came and gently took the baby away to clean it and wrap it. First contact right after birth was so important for the new mom and the baby so their pheromones and hormones could work overtime.

The doc smiled, "She is a beautiful baby boy though. I hope you are alright with it?"

The nurse came back as Brett sat down and gave him the baby. With love and admiration shining in his eyes, Brett looked at his baby boy, "Doesn't matter. As long as the baby is healthy and well."

Then his eyes turned to his omega, who was getting quickly cleaned up and transferred to another, more clean bed. All the blood and stuff that came out afterwards didn't need to be there when they wanted their sweet family reunion time.

"Eddy smiled wobbly and before he could ask to hold him again, Brett immediately stood up and very gently gave Eddy the baby.

"I'm sorry I'm late."

"It's okay," Eddy assured, "You are here now."

A soft kiss was pressed to his temple and then mouth. His husband was shaking, he noticed, his lips were trembling and even if the kiss was just too short for his liking, he knew Brett was close to tears. Oh no, he stood corrected. Brett's beautiful tears were running over his cheeks as he kissed Eddy again.

"Did it hurt as much as you feared?"

Having the baby in his arms now Eddy smiled and shook his head, "Nah, it was easy. Nothing too hard for me."

And Brett believed him, kissing him again and sobbing from pure happiness. Yes, giving birth to a child was an omega's destiny - if they wanted kids. Their body was made for this. Of course it wasn't that bad.

"Thank you for this beautiful present. I love you."

Eddy's eyes grew tired as he leaned back, all things considered, he was entitled to a bit of exhausted sleep now.

"We will name him Kai Baochi Yang," Brett declared, "Kai for fighter and Baochi because he will 'remain' in your life forever."

The omega simply nodded, he was fine with it. They talked things through beforehand. Sarah if the baby was a girl, and Kai if it was a boy. And since Eddy had the dibs on the first name, Brett could choose the second. Baochi.... It was 'Remain' in Chinese. Yes, that was good. The omega smiled. Giving birth was exhausting but not as much pain as he feared - every mother he asked before, said that he would feel that it was worth it and indeed. Eddy would say so too. He was gazing tiredly at his new addition to the family. He and Brett made this! Indeed, he was worth the little bit of pain.

Words: 1072

A/N: And with that, the Artober-Challenge nobody asked me to do, is over.

So yeah, what is my conclusion to this month:

I will never do it again. Nope, never ever. Not even with a lot of begging and promises and what-not. Nope.

Some people might know, but I posted a vote-survey on Insta in my stories if I should do it, and if I would do it, if y'all would comment at least once under each prompt. People voted yes.

I'm honestly very thankful for all the people who kept their proimise and went above and beyond that. Thank you 💕💕💕💕

To all tho didn't keep their promise: Well, I hope you still enjoyed it. And yes, I know your names
:3

So yeah, what do I learn from it? I should never do it again. In the end, I was so stressed out and yes, I absolutely procrastinated and wrote the last 3 prompts a DAY before they went online. (Sometimes only a few hours before). So well.

I hope you enjoyed it. If so, please leave a Comment and a Vote/Kudo.

Thank you.

See you (maybe) soon!

The Farting Rabbit