Prompt 13 - Twisted

Twisted

Eddy himself was a pure human. No vampire, no ghoul, no fae-child, nothing. Only purely human. A rare breed indeed.

His best friend was half-vampire, half-human. He was supposed to be purely human until his eighteen's birthday. Then his fangs sprouted and his eyes went from the soft, warm brown Eddy knew and loved to the piercing red his race so prominently wore. It was saddening actually. Not because Brett got more and more tired at day as the weeks went on and that meant he would see Brett less and less but also growing old together was no longer an option for them. One would be left behind and Eddy mourned that already. So many years, decades, centuries even where he would not be at Brett's side!

Brett fought with his parents to the blood to still pursue his career as soloist – instead of becoming a doctor like his vampire father wanted him to be - and so they could finish the conservatory together. But Eddy knew something had changed in their relationship on that day. Among other things, small things, insignificant things, Brett was a bit rougher when they were intimate. He was still gentle but Eddy definitely carried more bites and scratches on his body after lovemaking from that day on.

The people he didn't even ask said, it was because of the animal instinct that was born in Brett. Some said it was because Brett couldn't control himself. Others just shrugged and said he should simply cut off a non-human. That they were beasts the moment their inner 'animal' awoke. That Brett was one of the 'twisted creatures' and should be dead.

Eddy dismissed all those and stayed with Brett.

He even let his boyfriend feed on him since Brett hated the blood-pills the government provided. It tasted 'stale and disgusting' according to his boyfriend.

So now he was sitting in front of the open window, watching the sunset - since Brett wouldn't come earlier since he would be hurt otherwise – and waited for his boyfriend to come to him. He always visited before he went off to work. They were now in their mid-twenties and had been together for over ten years now. So far, Eddy was not dead, even if everybody assumed he would be by now. Even his own family was surprised by that. What a sad world.

"What are you sighing about, love?"

There he was, his knight in dark armor. Eddy got up, moved to the side and smiled at Brett, "Nothing really."

The vampire slipped inside and hugged his boyfriend, gently kissing him while he had him in his arms. Eddy always tasted so fresh and the blood was always so deliciously warm. Eddy knew the drill by now and as soon as they stopped kissing, he turned his head to present his neck so Brett could take a snack. The vampire didn't hesitate and broke the skin with his sharp fangs to suck on the essence of life. He didn't take much, he didn't need to. It was only breakfast after all and when he got back, shortly before the sun rose again, he would have his boyfriend naked underneath him and get his full meal. So there was no need to rush and take more than Eddy could give.

When he popped off he licked over his lips and kissed him again. Eddy was so perfect for him! He really loved him. Sadly, it was forbidden to change him before he turned thirty. If Eddy wanted that at all.

The vampire pressed their bodies tightly together before he let go. He had to go to his concert after all even if he wanted to spend all his night with Eddy. Watching the human sleep was so calming for him. He enjoyed it.

"Sorry to leave you so soon, but I am running a bit late, love."

Eddy smiled and nodded, "Have fun at the concert, Brett." They shared another sweet kiss, "Thank you, I will. I will play for you, so tune in okay?"

The concert Brett was about to give was broadcasted by the vampire network and it was live broadcasted.

Eddy nodded and stole another peck, "I will, promise."

And with that, his boyfriend vanished into the dark of the night.

The human turned on his laptop and typed in the login to get access to the live stream. He smiled when he saw his boyfriend live only a short fifteen minutes later. Brett looked so regal in his black suit!

The vampire looked directly into the camera and mouthed a 'I love you, Eddy'.

Eddy giggled like a schoolgirl, hugging his pillow. If Brett would ever ask to change him into vampire, he would immediately say yes! If that dunce would actually ask him at any point. Maybe Eddy should ask for it? He wanted to spend his whole life and more with him.

The concert was beautiful as expected. Eddy was almost asleep after the three hour it took but he held onto his last threads of awake-ness. A warm body slipped beside him in his bed and he snuggled closer.

"I love you," he whispered before closing his eyes.

His boyfriend softly whispered back, "I love you too."

Eddy's world turned black, plunging him deep into sleep. He was safe with his vampire around.

Words: 891