Blighted Heaven Part 2/6 (NSFW)

Chapter 2

Eddy didn't really sleep that night because of his own distrust, and if he needed to make a speedy getaway it would be helpful to be actually awake. So that's what he would be, he didn't sleep much anyways, the constant noise in his head kept him up. The cold air coming in through the window helped to numb it though, like the rest of his still pretty wet body because he didn't dry off. It was a waste of time anyways. He wasn't too keen on just lying on top of the covers either, what was the point of it if he wasn't sleeping? The man found himself pacing most of the night, walking the width of the room, or pacing the halls like a haunted spector. He did this until morning and the sun was rising, that was when he finally laid down again although he had no time to sleep now, it was time to call his conductor and say he was sick, thus couldn't come to the rehearsal. It would look suspicious since his desk mate was now officially missing, but then again his conductor had his back most of the time and wouldn't say a thing if he didn't want the whole quid pro quo situation to leak.

Brett's night was not as anxiety-inducing as Eddy's that was for sure. His door was closed so he didn't notice the pacing and in contrast to Eddy, he slept soundly. When the darkness slowly faded from the sky he woke up and stretched.

After Eddy didn't come for his throat in the night, he assumed that the man either ran off or something else kept him from killing Brett. Eddy had shown on multiple occasions that killing humans was nothing to fret over, so maybe he should go down to the reasoning for that at some point.

Brett got up, placed his glasses on the nose and wrapped himself in a dark grey fuzzy robe so he wouldn't get cold. He put on warm slippers and opened the door.

Slowly he made his way to the kitchen, not bothering to check on Eddy.

The man would come if he wanted something, Brett was sure of that. For now, the doctor craved the dark liquid potion of awakeness and energy, so he turned on the coffee machine and pulled out two mugs, one for him, one for his guest. He had no clue how Eddy liked his coffee, but he would make it black, additions could be fixed later. Brett only drank his coffee with sugar for an extra boost in the morning.

He got his morning paper from the mailbox, waved at his neighbor when she whistled for her cat, and sat back down at the kitchen table. His eyes fell on the dark spot left behind from yesterday. Yeah, he really needed to rub and scrub it clean.

Brett cracked his neck as he read today's headline. Slowly he made his way through the paper - his earliest appointment was at 10am, and they were at 7am now. So he had a lot of time.

He was certain Eddy knew he was up and moving, so he was curious about what would happen now.

He had his mug on the way to his lips when he saw a movement out of the corner of his eye, and turned his head.

It was his unwarranted guest still only clad in his boxer shorts, his probably too tight boxer shorts but what did it really matter. It was probably something Brett had seen before, or Eddy assumed so considering Brett was a man too, "Good morning I guess."

He mumbled, not exactly sure what he was still doing here or why both of them were still alive for that matter. Either way, there he was and the therapist was still living and breathing although just a disappointment apparently. Well, a disappointment to Eddy at least, all other people were probably happy they had a sane seeming therapist. Eddy was not one of those people though, he'd rather have an insane one than a sane one. Just his personal opinion though. Eddy just kinda stood there and stared, his hair was a mess along with defying gravity and dark circles were under his eyes, showing he didn't sleep. He even sniffled a bit because the idiot left the window open and froze himself. On the other hand, maybe that was his plan. It was always good to sound sick when calling in sick.