Prompt 18 - Bewitched (3 of 3)

Bewitched (3 of 3) Continuation of "Foretold" and "Tendrils"

"Look at this."

Brett held his finger over the burning flame. The skin turned red, blistered and then blackened. Eddy looked at the self-inflicted injury, fascinated and bewitched by it.

The burned finger was removed from the flame and Brett dripped one tiny drop of blood on the wound. It was normal blood, fresh, but normal blood. The skin sucked it up in an instant and healed the finger, restoring it to their original state.

The vampire repeated that with each and every finger.

"Does it hurt," Eddy whispered. The vampire grinned and the big smile showed his fangs, "Yes, it does. But not as harshly as it would have hurt when I was human. Now you try it."

They had a whole bag of blood beside them, lukewarm and rich and most importantly, fresh from the source. It was maybe five minutes old and in the years Eddy worked as a nurse in the Memorial Hospital he learned that blood started to die after roughly an hour. Quicker if the room was too hot or too cold for it to survive. Well, for a human it was still good enough but the vampires needed really good quality blood. Fresh from the source was the best but if the blood didn't lay around for hours it was still good.

Eddy saw what it could heal in a lot of really dire cases. Some drops here, some drops there and the kids they operated on would grow big and strong. They rarely had a death in their books but it still happened.

In over forty years Eddy was now working at the hospital he saw maybe two hundred deaths in total. Only the pre-natal station of course, not the whole hospital, but that was very rare indeed. They were simply the best.

But now it was his turn. And he was quite frankly scared. No wonder, it was his precious fingers that were on the line.

Brett looked at him and grinned before schooling his expression into a neutral façade.

"Now, come on, try it. It will hurt but no worse than what Dr. Zach did to you as he sliced off your fingers by accident."

The vampire was still upset about the incident fifteen years ago. His colleague didn't mean too, he was simply too hasty and Eddy had a bad day and was too slow to react. They fished the finger out of the girl's belly a minute later. The vampire blood helped actually to heal the tumorous cells and turned them back to normal. Before they could turn into vampire cells, the assistant doctors were quick to suck up the foreign blood.

His fingers were pressed on and they healed wonderfully but the pain was no fun at all. Also he went to Brett immediately to cry on the elder vampire's shoulder that Dr. Zach 'hacked his best asset off'. Eddy meant his fingers; Brett thought something else was cut off. That day was no fun for Dr. Zach. He was pummeled to the ground as soon as he left the operating room and Brett was on him, snarling, hissing and digging his fangs and claws into the unsuspecting vampire.

It was somehow resolved and Brett was grumpy that he had to apologize for his misstep. Poor Dr. Zach took it in stride and accepted the apology generously. That could happen to anybody, he said. Anybody who had an eternal mate was fiercely protective of them so it was only a given. And Brett 'simply misunderstood'. Now they were laughing about it but at that time, it was a sore subject.

Now they were here, sitting in one of the small rooms the vampires used to sleep in, and Brett waited for Eddy to move. The younger instead nibbled on his lower lip and hesitated. It was only natural to be scared of pain so Brett understood that.

"If you do it, you have a wish free."

Well, that were apparently the right words because Eddy's eyes light up, "Will you fuck me on the desk of our lovely head of the hospital?!"

"I will ask her." That wasn't agreeing to it, only asking for permission. Otherwise they would lose not only their job but probably their heads as well.

But it seemed to be enough to convince Eddy that it was worth it. The young vampire still had no clue how powerful he was since he never broke out of the 'human norm'. Brett wanted to encourage him to try more. Now that was why they were sitting in the fucking dark room to burn their fingers instead of fucking like they used to spend their breaks.

Eddy let his finger hover over the flame and whined when he felt the sharp pain. The smell of burned flesh was thick in the room and only when the tip was blackened and looked beyond heal-able, Brett allowed him to remove it and gave him a drop of blood. It healed almost instantly. The pain vanished and the finger looked as good as new.

The older vampire spoke up, "And now we will train that until you are not bothered by the pain anymore."

Eddy whined again but Brett simply raised an eyebrow and gave him another ultimatum, "Or we don't fuck until you have learned that."

To say that Eddy was not really a fan of this would be an understatement. But he stuck to it and did it again.

Brett leaned back and watched him. He would intervene if Eddy overstepped his boundaries.

It would take hours, if not days and weeks, until Eddy would be able to ignore the pain but Brett knew that already. And of course he would not be an asshole and put Eddy on an unplanned abstinence. That would be all too cruel.

But seeing Eddy's determined expression to nail it was all too rewarding. And cute. Big time cute.

Words: 988