A Hedgehogs Velocity (SFW) Part 6/12 - Magic-AU

Chapter 6

Together they slept, all cuddled up unlike most hedgehogs. Eddy wasn't used to it in his six months of life but after meeting Brett he came to enjoy being with someone else. He was still heavily solitary but now he was okay with allowing someone into his solitude. That person or now hedgehog being Brett. He blinked open his eyes, sniffing over his still sleeping friend and snorted slightly. Yes, he liked having Brett here with him.

The large hedgehog snorted and squeaked softly before he blinked open his eyes as he woke up from his nap. He shook his head and looked around. Oh. It was not a dream! The man-turned-hedgehog was immensely happy about that! He slid off of Eddy gently and started sniffing the crunchy leaves around them. The moss gave the burrow a wonderful earthy scent and the leaves were a nice addition. They smelled of the crisp outside. His big tummy now growled;he was hungry. He waddled back to Eddy and just waited for the smaller hedgehog to wake up or move in some kind of way, so Brett could annoy him. Eddy had been a polite guest, not waking him up except the one time, so Brett would do the same.

Eddy was awake! He was just quiet when it came to watching Brett get up and sniff around.

"Hungry, ai?" He was sniffing Brett before the big boy moved, he supposed that Brett wasn't the most observant hedgehog though, "Wanna hunt for bugs or small lizards."

He didn't just have food laying around because Eddy was a hedgehog. He did not have a fridge to store things. They would have to hunt for their meals.

Brett turned his head and looked at him with his beady black eyes, "Hunt? For food? Do you think I can do that?"

It was his first time being a non-human after all. Would he be able to hunt and eat living, uncooked things? A shudder ran through the bigger body. Why couldn't they just have cat food or something like this?!

"I think you can, if you can't I will teach you. Just gotta sniff it out and chomp, perhaps shake your head until it's dead. Then you just gobble it up," Eddy stretched, unflattening his quills now that Brett was off him, "We will start with something easy."

He flexed his paws, spreading his toes before bringing them back together. Then he waddled to leave the nest. Brett nodded as best as he could and followed Eddy. He wasn't as confident as Eddy since he was a human, but the mere thought of eating something like a worm was not all too pleasant for his tummy. It growled though and wanted food so in the end he had no choice. Somehow he missed his fridge in his apartment.

He stuck close to Eddy so as to not lose sight of him while they waddled out of the nest. It would be horror if Brett lost Eddy since he had no clue how to follow the scent as of now. He would need to learn that though.

"We will start with something easy. It will be like that lion movie I saw you always crying at," Eddy was cultured now, he knew the magic box just played things that weren't actually real. They were movies! At least that was his understanding of it.

Once out he sniffed at the ground to hunt! Brett mirrored Eddy's moves and also sniffed at the ground. It was earth - no surprise here - and mossy and the crunchy leaves made a wonderful sound when he waddled over it. But food? He didn't smell anything like that. He did try his best.

And while he loved The Lion King, he hated the scene with the worms and maggots and all that. It was disgusting! And how could he not cry when Mufasa died?!

"Hmpf, you don't understand my emotional attachment to the movie. It's my childhood you are talking about. I love it, okay?"

"I am aware that you love it, otherwise you wouldn't cry every time," Eddy snorted with a laugh, although it was the hedgehog version of a laugh. He was gonna find them grubs so they could munch!