Eight

After their successful training mission and celebratory meal, the group decided to head back to their dorms. Itadori and Megumi looked at Lucy, Itadori hiding behind Megumi, in anticipation as she scanned Nobara's room. Nobara wasn't sure what was going on until Lucy threw a broom at her, hitting the girl's face, and told her that her cleaning habits were unacceptable. To avoid any more physical harm, Gojo pulled the young Ackerman away and walked her to her room, much to the trio's relief.

"Boy, that was a good meal, wasn't it?" Gojo asked happily as they stroll through the hall.

"It was fine," Lucy admitted.

"Haven't picked your favorite place yet, huh?" He grinned at her. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you try everything edible before you head home."

"Hopefully, that's tomorrow."

"Maybe. Maybe not. All we can do is be patient."

Lucy growled under her breath. "I don't have the time and patience for this."

"Are we really that bad?" Gojo half-joked. Lucy glared at him from the corner of her eye. "I'm reading every book I can find about dimensions. So far, there's nothing useful we can use."

Lucy scoffed. "It's another all-nighter for me then."

Gojo's brows raised. "Another one?"

They reached Lucy's room. The girl used her key and walked in with Gojo following. His eyes widened when he found a few stacks of books neatly piled on the desk. There was one already opened in front of the chair with a bookmark. On the floor were more books stacked with a few papers sticking out with some notes.

"Someone takes their light reading seriously," he said as Lucy went to the chair. She glared at him again as she began to read the page she left off. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Got a few hours," Lucy replied honestly, her eyes not leaving the book.

So she does sleep for two hours, Gojo worryingly thought. Is that normal where she's from? Does it have to do with Titans?

"Well, you've had a tiring day." Gojo strolled over and sat on the corner of the desk. "With that impressive performance earlier and all the food, you should rest up for what I have in store for tomorrow."

"Whatever it is, I'll be ready for it. Now either you read some of these with me or get out." She didn't remove her gaze from her book. "Either way, your ass is getting off this desk. It's not a place for you to sit on."

"Fine, I'll help you read. I'm wide awake myself," Gojo said. He grabbed a book that was on top of the stack before walking toward the chair near her and sat down. Gojo opened the first page and started skimming through it.

Well, I'm already bored, he thought as he shuts the book.

"How about we get to know each other?" he suggested as he leaned back and crossed his legs. "And I'm not just talking you in this other dimension. I wanna know what makes my little Lucy the woman she is today. Like what's your favorite color? What do you like to eat? Do you have any siblings? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your -"

Lucy threw a book at him, but because of Gojo's Infinity, the book bounced off him. "Just get out if you're gonna be asking me stupid questions," she sneered. The girl didn't flinch when Gojo appeared in front of her.

"What's the harm?"

Lucy gave him an unimpressed look and shut her book harshly. "Fine. You wanna talk?"

"Yes."

"Then you better get ready to be covered in sweat."

》》》》