Sixty-Two

Flashback

In the short time Lucy was stuck in Gojo's world, she picked up little things about him. Whether it be he doesn't drink alcohol and prefers sweet treats or he tries to act goofy, but something is bothering him. And it was because of that she was able to see how puffy Gojo's eyes were when he woke up from his slumber that morning before they went to get Mechamaru. When they told him that he wasn't in his hiding spot, the first years left which left Lucy and Gojo alone. They walked toward Gojo's room as he kept rambling on about this boba shop that just opened up.

"I know you don't like putting anything in your coffee, but you should try their lychee tea," Gojo rambled. He placed his thumb and pointer finger on his chin. "What should I try though?" Lucy opened the door to his room before they walked in. "I heard their red velvet flavor is pretty good but I heard their dessert is out of this world. What do you think, Lulu?" He hummed when he didn't get a response from her. He looked toward her direction and saw her sitting on the couch with a serious look on her face. "Lulu?"

"Care to explain why you were crying earlier?" she asked.

Gojo scoffed. "What? I wasn't crying earlier. You must be imagining things," he said then gave a suggestive grin. "Is this your way of saying you're crying for me down there?"

Lucy let out a sad breath. "And there you go, deflecting the question with some kind of sex joke." Gojo's smile faltered. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. But you should know that you're not alone anymore. You can talk to me if something is bugging you." Her eyes met his blindfolded ones. "Whatever you tell me won't leave this room."

Gojo sighed as he walked over and sat next to her. "You are going to be my wife one day," he began then plopped next to her. "Through thick and thin, they say, until the day we die." A small sad smile came to his lips. "I remembered something that happened to me a little over a decade ago."

"What happened?" she asked.

Gojo tilted his head to the side to look at her. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Preferably, the beginning. But whatever you want to share is entirely up to you."

"If that's the case, I think I should get more comfortable." He grabbed Lucy and brought her to his lap. His arms circled her waist while her legs were outstretched. Gojo laid his cheek on top of her head. "We're gonna be here for a while."

Lucy listened as Gojo told the story of his best friend, Suguru Geto. Long ago, they were students here at the school. Their last mission together was to escort Riko Amanai back to the school so she could be sacrificed to Master Tengen. It was supposed to be an easy mission but Amanai was killed by Toji Fushiguro, aka, Megumi's dad. He even revealed that he killed Toji Fushiguro with his Purple Hollow.

Out of everything Gojo was saying, Lucy noticed how Gojo would speak highly of Geto. The way his voice got a bit softer. His grip on her waist tightened. He went on to explain how things started to change within the year after the mission. While Gojo was perfecting his technique, Geto went into a deep depression. And that depression turned into hatred for every non-jujutsu sorcerer. He had a plan to eradicate every non-jujutsu sorcerer out there. Geto murdered an entire village and his parents. Gojo was supposed to stop him but...he let him slip away.

Any other person, Lucy would have considered that person weak. Yet, she thought that if Levi killed everyone from the Scouts...she wouldn't be able to kill him, whether she was ordered to or not. She doesn't blame Gojo for not wanting to kill his best friend.

"And I went to get Megumi after that," Gojo finished his story. "He doesn't know what I did to his dad. I just didn't have the heart to tell him. Which worked out because he didn't care what happened to him."