Thirty

Nanami bid Itadori and Lucy farewell. They finally made up a plan to get close to Junpei and decided that it would be best to do it tomorrow. Lucy understood why. Itadori still felt a bit guilty over those curses they had to put down, even though they were already dead. In her best way, she tried to get his mind off it. Meaning, they've spent a good amount of hours training. Lucy told Itadori not to hold back and to attack her with every ounce of cursed energy he's got. All thought, Itadori was still a bit scared to attack...since Lucy did manage to flip him over and held her blade near his heart in a few seconds. To say Itadori was a bit exhausted was an understatement.

"Make sure you don't bend your wrist when you're punching someone," Lucy scolded him as she escorted him to the basement. "Unless it's your goal to break it."

"Right, I got it," Itadori said tiredly. He let out a loud yawn which earned a punch from Lucy. "Hey, what was that for?!"

Lucy gave him a look. "Be quiet or else you'll announce your existence to the entire school."

"Oh, right. I'm just exhausted. You've really kicked my butt today. A little more than usual."

"You can't be holding back on someone no matter the circumstance. What if I was just another curse ready to attack? Would you have held back?"

"No."

"Exactly. You can't expect your opponent to do the same either."

"I know."

Lucy grabbed his arm to stop him from walking. "Hey, cadet. I'm doing this for your benefit. I'm not doing this for the fun of it or so you can resent me." She took out a small handkerchief from her pocket before wiping the blood that was slowly coming down his nose. "You don't resent me, do you?"

Itadori shook his head. "No, I don't think I ever can. You're only trying to help me out so...thanks. But," he motioned to his wrapped up hand, "maybe a little heads up before you try snapping my wrist."

"Not likely," she said before walking ahead.

"Oh, come on, please." Itadori ran to catch up. "Can we at least have a resting period during each training session? Gojo gives me half an hour to recover."

Right when Itadori caught up with her, the door slammed open between them and smacked Itadori in the face. "DID I HEAR MY NAME?!" Gojo beamed.

Lucy groaned. "Speak of the devil."

"Don't you mean the world's sexiest man?"

"No." Gojo paled. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm here to pick you up, remember? To talk about your unfinished business."

That piqued Lucy's interest. "So what did you find?"

Gojo held his finger up and placed it over Lucy's mouth. "Shh." Lucy glared at his finger. "Someone's a bit eager."

That's when Itadori noticed Gojo was wearing a leather jacket with a white shirt, jeans, and wore glasses instead of his blindfold. "Oh, you going somewhere?" he asked.

Gojo grinned at Itadori before pulling Lucy towards him dramatically. "Actually, Lulu and I are heading out. I figured I tell her what I found over a nice meal."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope." Gojo grabbed Lucy by her waist and hauled her over his shoulder. "Time to go."

"Let me go, you idiot!" Lucy shouted.

Gojo snickered before appearing in front of Itadori and handing him Lucy's ODM gear. "You wouldn't mind putting this back in her room, do you?"