Ten

Gojo called a cab and, thankfully, Lucy didn't jump out this time. Her face might have no emotion showing but the gears were definitely turning in her head. What the man told her, she can only go home after settling some unfinished business from this world.

Just the thought of other worlds out there seems ridiculous to her. Ghouls running amuck? People turning to stone? What's next, people turning into animals? Or how about a world where pirates rule and a kid wants to be king of them all?

Lucy's gaze was mostly focused on the window again. She hates to admit that she'll be stuck in this world for a while. For how long? That's the question she worries about. Lucy wondered how long this unfinished business could take. A day? A year? A decade? What if she dies without completing it?

The girl broke her gaze when Gojo held out something. Lucy glanced to see a cellphone in his hand.

"Here," he said. "If you're going to be here for a while, you're gonna need one of these."

Gojo thought Lucy was going to object. Or at least grab the phone and toss it out the window. Lucy, however, took the phone from his hand and placed it in her pocket.

"You're not going to argue with me?" he asked in shock.

Lucy tsked. "No point in arguing. If I'm going to be here for a while, might as well have this on me."

"Do they have cell phones in your world?"

"No." Lucy gave him an annoyed look. "Nobara gave me the rundown on how these things work during dinner last night. The brat practically screamed in my ear when she heard I never used a cell phone before. I might be from another universe but I'm not stupid to know how these work."

Then she noticed the wallpaper on her phone. She glared at Gojo as she held the phone up for him to see. "Did you seriously made yourself my wallpaper?"

 "Did you seriously made yourself my wallpaper?"

He grinned. "Yup. And I've put myself on speed dial so if you ever need me just press 1 because I'm your number 1." Gojo took his phone out and dialed the girl's number. "You'll love this next part."

Just then Lucy's phone rang. It wasn't your typical phone ringing tone people usually start with. Gojo managed to record his own voice and made it Lucy's ringtone.

Lulu, answer your phone. This is the amazing Satoru Gojo telling you someone's calling yooooooouuuu. The next part whispered, It's probably me.

"And it is!" Gojo beamed. Steam was practically coming out of Lucy. She wanted to reach over and jerked Gojo back and forth until he was seeing stars. Or at least beat the living shit out of him. "What? We might not be around each other and I know you'll miss me."

"You really are delusional," Lucy commented.

"I'm a realist."

"More like an arrogant airhead." She crossed her arms. "Who the hell is going to want you as their wallpaper anyway?"

"You'll be surprised."

Lucy raised her eyebrow at him. "You really think you're Mr. All High And Mighty don't you? With the way, you're talking to me and flirting means you have a lot of experiences with the ladies. And the way you carry yourself just means you're full of shit because you banged a few girls who can't control their hormones."

"Oh, and what about you?" Gojo questioned. He was intrigued by her comment. Nothing Lucy does seems to unphase him. In fact, it just entertains him. "You can't tell me someone didn't interest you back in your universe? Were the guys not looking your way or anything? Or did you just scare them away?" He tilted his head to the side before placing his hand against his cheek. "You tell me because you seem to know what everyone is feeling."

"I do know," Lucy said before looking out the window. "And I was liked enough."

"Oh, good," Gojo replied as he frowned a bit. "Should have known. You've probably been with a bunch of men before."

"Not like I had a choice," Lucy admitted. That really shocked Gojo. "If you knew where I came from, you'll understand what I had to do to survive."

Gojo wanted to ask her more. To ask what she meant by that. Gojo wanted to know more about her. To know more about the mysterious girl that dropped into his life. He couldn't though because Gojo soon got a call from the school about the death of Yuji Itadori.