Fifty-Two

Everyone in the room looked at Lucy as if she's grown another head.

"You wanted to kill your Commander!" Itadori gasped.

"That's kinda harsh, even for you," Maki commented.

"I didn't trust Erwin. No matter how noble the others claim him to be," Lucy explained. "For all I knew, he could have been using my brother and I didn't want that to happen. Think about it, if a stranger charged into your home and threatened you to join the Scouts, what would you have done?"

I wouldn't kill the man, Megumi, Nobara, and Panda thought.

"But didn't it feel good to have the sun's rays touching your skin?" Nobara asked.

"It did...for a bit."

》》》》

It felt strange for Lucy to be wearing the Scouts' uniform. She wanted to burn it to ash but couldn't. And it didn't help that she wanted to gauge the eyes out of everyone who stared at them. A few looked at them with such disgust that they were from the Underground. Others would glare at them because they were criminals. The rest would oggle at Lucy as she walked by. 

"Attention, all!" The Scouts stood straight at  Commander Keith Shadis's voice"From today, these four will be fighting alongside you all! Introduce yourselves!"

Levi's eyes met with Erwin's, who gave him a pointed look. He mentally rolled his eyes as he introduced himself, "The name's Levi."

"Levi...the first thing you'll need is some goddamn discipline." Lucy side glared at Shadis. "Next!"

Isabel smiled and pointed at herself. "I'm Isabel Magnolia. Nice to meetcha!"

Farlan was next. "My name is...Farlan Church."

All eyes were on Lucy. Lucy was glaring at the whole crowd. Her glare hardened when her eyes met with Erwin's. She already had a few ideas in mind about how to kill him. Levi glanced at his sister before elbowing her side.

"Lucy," Lucy introduced herself.

Levi looked around the crowd. A few guys were practically undressing Lucy with their eyes. One made contact with Levi but quickly quaked in his spot at the death glare sent his way.

"Flagon, these four will be assigned to your squad," Shadis said. "Look after them."

Them joining his squad is the last thing Flagon wanted. "M-My squad, sir?" he stuttered.

"Are you dissatisfied?"

"N-No...But, shouldn't Erwin..."

"Erwin is tasked with the soldiers' formation. The new recruits will be your responsibility. Is that understood?"

Flagon mentally sighed in defeat before placing his fist over his chest. "Yes, sir! Understood!"

Flagon wanted to argue. There is no way he wanted to take the new recruits in. He felt two pairs of eyes on him. He glanced over to see the Ackerman siblings staring right at him.

》》》》

It was late so the Scouts retreated to the barracks.

"These are the barracks," Flagon began.

Farlan scanned the place. "There are quite a few," he said.

Isabel squealed in excitement as she wrapped her arm around Lucy. "Yay! We're all in the same room!" she squealed.