Sixty-Four

Megumi, Ino, and Itadori stood in front of the barrier while Levi watched the trio from behind with his arms crossed. This is the first time he'll see Megumi and Itadori in action. The way Lucy spoke about them was astonishing to Levi. Lucy never spoke highly, in her own way, about a few students/comrades.

Levi watched in interest as Itadori raised his fist before colliding it with the barrier. He held back his surprise when he felt the power behind the punch. His hair was blown away for a second. The veil shook but nothing else happened.

"Nope, didn't budge. Not even a little bit," Itadori sighed dissapointedly.

Ino was rather impressed. "Well...that punch has some decent force behind it," he gasped.

What the hell is up with this kid? Levi thought. Even a punch like that is strong enough to knock out a small titan.

"It makes sense that it's a sturdy veil," Megumi commented. "We'll have to search for its weak point and put a hole in it, even if it's only for a second." A bear-like curse about Levi's height was walking behind them. While Megumi was talking, Itadori jumped up and knocked the curse down with a kick. "We can't get anywhere without getting inside first."

"Huh? Why not?" Itadori wondered.

"Isn't it obvious?" Levi began while one of Megumi's demon dogs came out and ate the curse. "This is a veil to keep you sorcerers out. I haven't been in this world for long but..." Levi held one finger up."...either the one who put up this veil is being protected inside until someone from the inside finds them and knocks them out. But given the situation, that'll be an idiotic idea on their part."

"What's option two?" Megumi asked.

Levi looked around the city. "Staying outside. They're more likely to be discovered but the veil still stays stronger. It gives them the chance to observe everything to make sure no sorcerers try to take this veil down." He pointed at Itadori. "That's probably why the barrier didn't break no matter how hard the brat punched it."

"So, with that logic, the veil's source should be somewhere rather obvious to us, right?"

Levi already had a pretty good idea where. "Yes."

Ino, Itadori, and Megumi looked at Levi in confusion before following his gaze toward the Shibuya Central Tower.

》》》》

It was clear to the group that there was a trap inside the tower. So Megumi quickly conjured up Nue and carried Itadori while Levi used his ODM gear while Ino held on to him. Ino tried not to shout and gripped Levi harder. Itadori and Megumi used the cursed fishing line to yank the three curse users - Awasaka, Ogami, and Ogami's grandson - away from the talisman. Levi and Ino landed safely on the rooftop and then dashed toward the talisman. Ino stepped on the talisman, destroying it before searching for the other two.

"What's wrong?" Levi wondered.

"Two are missing," Ino breathed.

Levi heard someone laugh and turned to see the wrapped-up Awasaka laughing while holding the two missing talismans in his hands. He growled before running toward the cursed user. Levi leaped up and kicked the man across the face as they flew over the rooftop. Since the end of the fishing line was attached to Itadori, he was falling with them. Levi shot the grappling hook a few floors above before swinging over to grab Itadori, just as Megumi released his end of the fishing line on Nue. Itadori held on as Levi swung around the building before safely landing on the ground.

"Fushiguro!" Itadori at the same time Levi called out, "Megumi!"

"Where is he?" Levi asked.

Megumi's gaze hardened ahead. "There," he answered. Awasaka wasn't that far. He was tied up and not moving a muscle. "I only seen Levi's kick but the impact after...no. But his body is undamaged."