Fifty-Three

Levi was surprised when Lucy informed him that she would not seduce Erwin. He was happy that she decided to back away from that plan. Although, he wanted to ask her what changed her mind. Lucy is usually so hell-bent on getting information out of someone so she usually never cares who, not fully, or what she has to do.

The only other man Lucy promised to not seduce was Farlan, before they started dating. So Levi began to wonder what Erwin did to make his sister change her mind. Even so, he's glad she backed away from that plan.

"We don't find it no matter how many times we look," Farlan dejected sadly. He couldn't find the documents anywhere in Erwin's office. He searched high and low, looking at every nook and cranny, but came up empty. "It's probably best to assume it isn't in his room."

"You're right," Lucy agreed as she grabbed her chin and began thinking. "Leaving something that important in his room would be nothing but child's play. He's not that stupid to leave something like that in there."

"Then where could it be?" Isabel wondered.

Farlan looked at her. "What do you do with something you really want to keep safe?"

Isabel smiled as she slapped her stomach. "Inside my stomach band, of course."

"Now, I don't know if Erwin wears a stomach band."

"He might be carrying it with him," Lucy pondered out loud. She lowered her hand before looking at Farlan. "Makes more sense on why you couldn't find it in the first place. Might be hidden in his jacket or something."

Farlan nodded in agreement. "So, we could use the Expedition to our advantage," he came to a realization. "Outside the walls, Erwin and the others will be concentrated on the Titans. We just have to wait for an opportunity."

"I see. Great idea!" Isabel beamed. She looked at Levi, who hasn't said a word. "You ok with that, Levi?"

"Sure," he said. Levi's mind went back to the Underground. The Scouts easily captured Isabel and Farlan while they used Lucy to get a rise out of him. "But I'll be going alone."

"Not gonna happen," Lucy immediately objected.

Levi ignored her. "You three, just think up any excuse and stay behind."

"Bro...Why?!" Isabel shouted in anger.

"We haven't even seen a real titan, yet, and it'll be our first time outside the walls. It may take all we've got just to make it back alive. But if I'm by myself, I'll manage somehow."

Lucy mentally rolled her eyes as she grabbed the top of Levi's head. She brought it close so they were staring at each other eye-to-eye. "Do you seriously think we can't handle it?" she asked. "Or am I going to have to knock some sense into you, big brother?"

Levi looked her dead in the eye. "I don't doubt you for a second, Lucy." For a mere second, Levi glanced behind her toward Farlan. He thought Lucy wouldn't see it, but she did. Levi wanting to go alone is just his way of protecting them and making sure Lucy's safe. If something happens to them while on this Expedition, he wouldn't forgive himself.

Lucy tsked before she released Levi's head but used her other hand to grab his wrist. She began dragging him away from Isabel and Farlan before Levi decides to blow up.

"Bro...Sis..." Isabel muttered as she watched the siblings walk away from them.

Lucy dragged Levi toward the rooftop. Levi glanced down when he saw her grip on his wrist tighten.