Sixty-One

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into, Lucy?" Levi asked as he looked back at his sister.

Lucy's breath hitched in her throat. "Brother?" she breathed. She wanted to rub her eyes or pinch herself to make sure she was not dreaming. There was no way Levi could be here.

"What's with Patchface?" he asked, meaning Mahito.

Lucy ignored the pain in her body as she stood. "That depends. How much do you know about this world?" She gave him the side-eye. "More importantly, how are you here?"

Mahito scratched his cheek. "Oh, did we leave a portal open back in your world?" he pondered at the thought, yet, he already knew. "Silly us, we should have checked. Didn't want any stragglers coming here."

Lucy glared at him. "You son of a bitch."

She took a threatening step but Levi held his arm out to stop her. "So, you're the one who took Erwin?" Levi asked Mahito.

"Erwin?" he repeated. "Oh, you mean that Golden Boy? A shame a good body went to waste."

"Those bastards killed him," Lucy informed her brother with a sneer toward the curse.

Levi glared at Mahito, who had a satisfying grin on his face while his tongue was stuck out to the side. "Really?" He twirled his sword in his hands before getting into his fighting stance. "So I don't have to feel bad when we kill him."

Mahito found this amusing. "You're going to kill me?" He glanced at the clock. Only five minutes before the train makes a quick stop and he needs to be on it. He needs to head to be there to see if Jogo, Hanami, and Choso managed to slow Gojo down. "I have no time to waste on you so I'll just kill you quick and -" Levi didn't let Mahito finish because he used his ODM gear to hurl himself toward the curse and slit his arm off. Mahito froze when his arm fell on the floor. He glanced at it confusingly. "That wasn't very nice."

"Don't let him touch you, Levi," Lucy warned him as she jumped off the tracks toward the platform. "He can morph your entire body."

"Another shapeshifter," he concluded. "But more annoying." He glared at Mahito. "Lucy, Formation 13."

"What is Formation 13?" Mahito wondered but the Ackerman siblings rushed at him. He jumped out of the way when Levi was about to slit his head, but he felt two blades cutting the back of his ankles. Lucy brought her other sword and stabbed his abdomen before yanking it out so Levi could slash the curse's shoulder blades. Levi went to stab Mahito in the chest but the curse shrunk into a mouse to get away from them, standing near the entrance line.

"I guess we're both out of time," he said, reverting to his form, as the loud horn from the train boomed behind them. Mahito gave Lucy a sinister smile as the train slowly stopped. "I'll make sure to send Gojo your regards."

"It was a trap," Lucy said as Mahito backed into the train. Lucy gripped her swords and rushed toward him. "Get back here, bastard!"

Levi followed her just at the last second before the doors closed. His eyes widened when Mahito was at the other end of the car but a bunch of transformed disfigured humans, now curses, were staring at them.

"Guess you two won't be making it out alive," Mahito said before exiting the car. The moment he left, all the curses lunged at them.

Lucy brought her leg up and kicked the first curse before impaling it with her sword. Levi brought his sword down and slit one down the middle in half before spinning to behead the other one. Lucy leaned back as another curse went to stab her. She rammed her sword into the curse's chest before running to stab more that was behind it. Lucy yanked her blade out and used the other one to finish them off.