Twenty-Two

"Put that down, you idiot, you don't know if that thing's poisonous," Lucy warned Gojo.

Gojo, wearing nothing but swim trunks now and shades, held up the seashell in his hands. "You mean this?" he asked.

When Gojo brought Lucy to the sea, she was left speechless. All she wanted to do is gaze into the huge body of water. The warm sea air filled her nostrils and the sand crunched under her feet. Just for a split second, Gojo could have sworn he saw something flicker in Lucy's eyes. He asked her if she brought spare clothes like he asked her and she replied no. So Lucy ended up rolling her pants up for her knees while Gojo quickly changed into his swim trunks. He went inside the water and thought Lucy would follow but she only went up to her ankles. Gojo soon found a pretty shell he wanted to show her, which is how they ended up in this situation.

Gojo let out an amusing laugh. "It's just a seashell. It's not going to hurt you." He walked over and held it out for her. "See for yourself."

Lucy sighed before slowly holding her hand out. Gojo grinned as he placed the shell in her hand. The small shell was on the palm of her hand. Lucy just looked at it before slowly bringing her fingers up and began to trace the rough edges of the outer shell. She soon flipped the shell around and felt the smooth side.

"Oooh, I think you'll like this one, Lulu," Gojo beamed as he held up another shell. He grabbed the first shell before tossing it behind his back and placing the newer shell in her hand.

 He grabbed the first shell before tossing it behind his back and placing the newer shell in her hand

Lucy just looked at the shell. The same kind of feeling in her hand but she had to admit it is really pretty.

"You know, there are people who collect them," Gojo piped up.

Lucy raised her brow at him. "Why?"

"For keeps sakes. Some like the color, a few might even be a collector." Gojo held his hand out. "And others would like to keep it as a momentum. Your first trip to the sea is something important to remember. So, are you ready to get into the water?"

"No."

Gojo looked at her in confusion. "No?"

"You expect me to go in there. Where I could drown?"

Drown? Gojo repeated in his head. Oh, right. If she's never been to the sea, then she never learned how to swim. Lucy wasn't looking at Gojo. She hated to admit that she was a bit embarrassed by the situation.

Gojo, being Gojo, decided to tease her about it. He got a little closer to her face with a Cheshire Cat-like grin and said, "Aw, does my little Lulu not know how to swim?" Lucy glared at him. It wasn't the exact reaction he wanted but Gojo went on. "How adorable? The great Vice-Captain of the Survey Corps can wield swords but doesn't know how to swim." He fake ponder at a thought. "Maybe I should have taken you to a kiddy pool first. That's probably the perfect size for yo - Oomph!"

Gojo stopped when Lucy brought her knee up and kneed his groin. When he was about her height, Lucy grabbed the top of Gojo's head and pulled on his hair with the most terrifying glare. "Do you really think mocking me is a smart move, right now?" she sneered.