Sixty-Eight

It was the first time Lucy felt relieved when they ran into Nanami. Only three more minutes with Naobito and she would have strangled the bastard. He just sat back while she and Maki took care of the curses they ran into.  She felt even more relieved when Nanami gave a subtle hint that Levi found them and how he's Megumi and Itadori.

"So, your boyfriend's been sealed, huh?" Naobito taunted Lucy to see how he could get under her skin. Maki, who was walking next to Lucy as they escalated down the stairs, saw the girl glancing back slightly to glare at the older sorcerer. "I feel like I've been bushwhacked."

"Me, too," Nanami butted in before Lucy could lose her temper. "Geto's involved somehow, even if he's a fake. I imagine the trick lies there."

"One thing is certain...I'd be happy to toast the fall of the Gojo clan once and for all, that's for sure."

Smash!

Naobito found himself pinned against the wall. Lucy held him by the back of his neck, his arm twisted behind his back. Maki could have sworn she heard his head crack a bit. Naobito tried to move but Lucy tightened her grip and twisted his arm harder. His brows furrowed in confusion because, he knew he was fast - faster than the three combined - yet, he had trouble getting out of Lucy's death grip. Even Nanami had to take a step back when he saw the daggers Lucy was sending the old sorcerer.

"Look at that! Someone has a death wish," Lucy growled. Naobito was choking at this point.

Maki rushed over and tried to pry Lucy off. "Lucy, I get you're upset about Gojo, but the asshole's not the one you're after." Lucy knew Maki's right. She knew better than to let her emotions cloud her judgement but she was so angry that all she was seeing was red. To get her point across, she bashed Naobito's head against the wall before letting go. Maki could only watch in sorrow as Lucy walked down the stairs with Nanami. She glared at Naobito, who was catching his breath. "I wouldn't disrespect Gojo's name like that around her. Be lucky you're not the one she's trying to kill." She followed Lucy and Nanami. "So if you're not going to help, go home."

"Go home? That's what you want?" Naobito wheezed out. He pulled himself together again before he tried to act all cocky. "That's what you should do, Maki, if you know what's good for you." He narrowed is eyes at Lucy. "A sorcerer who can't control her curse technique is like a ticking time bomb. Who knows when she'll explode next? With a temper like hers...I would suggest soon. Maybe Lucy should go home too before she blows up all of Shibuya." He smirked at Nanami. "Isn't that right, Grade 1 Sorcerer, Nanami?"

Nanami halted. "Maki," he called. "You should do what he says. He knows what he's talking about in this regard."

"I'll be more useful than some drunkard that's for sure," Maki argued as they reached Inokasira Line, near the exit.

Nanami glanced at Lucy. "Lucy -"

Lucy narrowed her eyes at him in a way that threatened him not to finish that sentence. "Last time I checked, Nanamin...I don't take orders from either of you.  Especially from an old drunken bat who probably drank a whole bar. I could smell the alcohol all the way here."

Point was proven when Naobito burped and said, "No, I hafn'h been dwinking."

》》》》

A few minutes later, they reached the lower floors of the station. Nanami, Maki, and Lucy noticed an octopus-like curse hiding behind one of the pillars.

"Nanami," Maki warned him as she and Lucy took out their weapons.

"I see it," Nanami said before pulling out his sword and slowly starting to approach it. "I'll take this one myself."