Sixty-Six

Levi couldn't fathom why Megumi wanted him to sit back and cover them. After confirming with Megumi about Awasaka's curse technique, the young jujutsu sorcerer told him to stand back.

Flashback (Five Minutes Ago)

"You want me to what?!" Levi sneered. There's no way a young brat like him is telling Levi what to do. He was handling Awasaka just fine alone, but Megumi told him to leave everything to them. Them, two teenagers who think they can handle things on their own. "You must be a bigger idiot if you suggest I stand by and do nothing."

Megumi was rolling his left shoulder as he prepared for battle. "I get how irritating this must be, but we don't even know if you have any curse technique to take him down. Let Itadori and I take care of this guy."

"You two brats can stop a guy like that?" Levi clearly expressed his doubt.

"Yes, I'm sure." Megumi glanced at him as he stopped stretching. "Let us prove our worth to you."

Itadori nodded as he started cracking his knuckles. "We were trained by the best soldier Jujutsu Tech has to offer."

Levi thought back to what Lucy had said about them. "Those cadets are nothing like the ones back home. They're stronger than anyone makes them out to be. And I'll be damned if anything happens to them!"

Lucy never expressed her belief in anyone that wasn't him. So it surprised Levi to hear her say that. And if those words came from Lucy's mouth then maybe these students must have kind of potential.

"I'll cover cover from above," Levi finally gave in. He narrowed his eyes at the first years. "Let me see what's so special about you two."

Megumi had a faint smile on his lips. "I'm going to ask a favor from you."

Flashback Over

Back at the bunny cacoon, Awasaka was looking around in confusion. He was very aware of Rabit Escape - to distract him in numbers. The curse sorcerer already thought the trio was about some lethal attack. Suddenly, the cacoon disappeared and it confused him. He was looking around to figure out why, but he wasn't aware of the elephant falling from the sky.

"Max Elephant!" Megumi shouted from the top of the shikigami.

Awasaka had enough time to put his hands up in an attempt to carry the elephant but the weight of the shikigami crushed him for just a second until he got a firm hold on the elephant and carried it as if it weighed nothing.

"Ha, ha, ha. Hey, what the hell is this?" he chuckled as the elephant disappeared. Megumi stood on top of the light post with his blade in hand. "Appearing and disappearing? What are you, restless? If you're a man then be clear and decisive like the fellow from before."

"Not my style," Megumi answered before pointing behind him. "But I'll let my friend know."

Itadori was swinging a car in his hands and then threw it at Awasaka. Unknown to him, Levi was surprised by Itadori's strength. His eyes widened as the car knocked into Awasaka. Awasaka caught the car in his hands and slid back a bit before tossing it aside. Megumi took that opportunity to hop off the street light and swung at him. Awasaka quickly held his arm up to block the blow. The older curse user was about to stab Megumi with the knife from his free hand but another knife swooshed toward it and knocked it out of his hand. It alerted Awasaka that Levi was still in the area and quickly scanned around for him.

Itadori leaped up and landed behind him, with his divergent fist glowing. "You shouldn't get distracted so easily!" he warned Awasaka before charging at him. He arrived just as Megumi swung his blade once more.