Thirty-Nine

Mahito couldn't just but laugh in amusement. Sure, Lucy and Itadori have managed to lay a good attack on him but one is slowly bleeding out while the other is very close to losing his sanity. Mahito wanted to see how far he could take the pair before he goes to deal with Junpei. But that's what got him to laugh more maniacally as a new plan came to mind. Maybe if he kills Junpei in front of them, like he was supposed to, then Itadori would be forced to make a contract with Sukuna. Or even better, if Mahito kills Lucy then Itadori would go ballistic. Sure, Geto told him not to kill her but he never said he could injure her gravely. Especially with Itadori already pissed off at the curse for almost killing his new friend.

"You are actually aware of the outline of your soul," Mahito directed towards Itadori, who was trying not to kill the curse at this very second.

"I will kill you," Itadori sneered with determination.

Mahito laughed. "Don't you mean you'll exorcise me, Jujutsu Sorcerer? Or will your friend die before you get the chance to?" Just to mess with them more, Mahito licked his lips.

Lucy glared at him. "He means kill or else I would gladly yank those stitches out like the rag doll you are."

Mahito tilted his head to the side. "Here's what I don't understand." He pointed towards Itadori. "He's very much aware of his soul." Then toward Lucy. "But I'm not getting anything from you. Does that mean you are completely and utterly soulless?"

Itadori's jaw tightened before he leaped up. "Don't talk about her soul like that!"

Lucy's eyes widened at the obvious bait. "Wait, Itadori!" Mahito grinned as he sprouted wings and leaped back, dodging Itadori's punches. Itadori didn't care if he was hurting himself as he kept throwing punches. He was pissed and wanted to kill this curse. Lucy tsked before she used her ODM gear to catch up with them. "Idiot."

She managed to jump in front of Itadori before he was able to punch Mahito again. This time she used her swords to slice Mahito in half. The curse changed the shape of his soul so he wouldn't be cut off completely, which Lucy hoped for before she punched the curse across his cheek.

"Control your anger," she told Itadori. "He wants you to get pissed." She glared at Mahito, who was grinning in satisfaction. "Think about it. Out of everyone, he befriends Junpei. And he just so happens to be at his school the moment Junpei wanted to go on a murder spree, the same time we were. Let's not forget he wanted to kill Junpei the moment he got here. If that's not a coincidence, I don't know what is."

Mahito grinned as he brought his arm back and transformed it into a chain with duo blades at the end. "Maybe I shouldn't have targeted Junpei then." He launched the chains at them. "I should have gone after you instead!"

Lucy and Itadori jumped back to avoid the blades. Mahito kept swinging them around. Lucy used her own blades to block oncoming attacks. Itadori looked around. They were cornered with no way to escape without getting sliced until his gaze landed on the window.

"Lucy!" he shouted before he grabbed her with one arm. He quickly yanked her away before they jumped through the window. Itadori landed on the ground, outside the school, and set the girl down. He felt something warm on his hand and glanced down to see his hand was entirely red from her blood. "Are you sure you're ok? This is pretty bad."

"I'm fine," she lied as she ignored the pain. Her eyes widened as Mahito launched a drill at them. She pushed Itadori out of the way before using her sword to slice the end of the drill while using her other hand to grab, what she's assuming is, his arm. "What the hell is he made out of? Rubber?"

Mahito grinned. Lucy furrowed her brows before she felt something stab through her hand. She gritted her teeth and groaned as Mahito managed to have spikes stab her hand from where she grabbed him. Lucy ignored the pain and wrapped her hand once more before she yanked the curse out of the building. Mahito's body went flying towards them before Itadori jumped up and kicked him, sending him toward the other side of the building. Lucy lets go as the curse crashes, his arm going back into his body.