Fifty-Nine

It's too crowded in here, Lucy thought as she pushed herself past the hostages. Her eyes scanned the crowded area as she looked for the white-haired sorcerer. She tried to control her temper as people kept bumping into her. A few thought Lucy was in costume and complimented her. She didn't know what Halloween was because they kept shouting 'Happy Halloween' to her but she didn't want to, nor cared enough to, ask. She just wanted to find Gojo and back him up.

It wasn't that she doubted him. Lucy knows how strong Gojo is and that he can handle whatever curses are after him. But she had this nagging feeling that told her to go and find him. Be there in case he needs help. No matter how strong he is, they could always do something to let his guard down. That's why they specifically demanded Gojo.

"This is ridiculous," she scoffed. She pushed a few guys from the crowd away from her before using her ODM gear. The hook pierced through the pillar on the upper level before it pulled her forward.

A few men gasped. "Woah, what the hell is that?!" one asked.

One held his hands together and leaned his cheek against it as his eyes turned into hearts while oggling at Lucy. "Who cares? I wanna know who that cosplaying babe is."

Lucy landed on the ledge and began scanning the platform. It was strange seeing everyone wear bizarre outfits. A few wore plastic wings on their backs. Two friends dressed up as an angel and the devil. A few witches, wizards, scarecrows, pirates, and one even had a fake TV on their head.

What the hell are these people wearing? she thought. Her eyes glanced over to see someone in a body suit that resembled a lot like a titan. Are they trying to make fun of me? She shot her gear again across the platform and flew past everyone until she reached the railing. Where the hell is that idiot?

Lucy dropped down to the second to last level of the platform. Chills went down her spine as she had this gnawing feeling that someone was staring at her. She heard something whooshing behind, so she turned around, the pebble missing her head by an inch.

"Awe, I thought that would have gotten you," Mahito said as he walked up. Lucy glared at him, trying not to let her emotions get in the way. She needed to be level-headed. All Mahito needed to do was touch her and she'd be like all the other disfigured curses. Lucy wanted to ram her sword through Mahito's neck the moment he grinned at her. "How did I know you were going to look for Lover-Boy?"

He's just trying to get under my skin, Lucy concluded, so she stayed silent.

Mahito blinked a few times. "Really? Nothing? I just wanted to chat. Like...how the hell did you manage to escape?"

Lucy thought back to Choso. He did save her life by not ratting her out to Geto and Mahito. She wasn't entirely sure why he did since, he too, was about to kill her. She managed to escape because of him and she's grateful for that. And there's no way that she's going to snitch on him.

"You guys need stronger chains," she said.

Mahito placed his thumb and pointer finger on his chin as he thought out loud, "Maybe I should have changed your shape then." His eyes narrowed at her as he gave a mocking grin. "Much like that commander of yours." Lucy's hands went toward her swords as she sneered at Mahito, which got his grin to turn into a devilish smile. "Did I hit a nerve? Which reminds me...I'm looking for Junpei." Rage bubbled inside Lucy as her grip on her swords tightened. She shot her ODM gear again and charged at Mahito. "I would love to have a nice chat before killing him."

Lucy held her sword and aimed it toward Mahito's heart, or at least where it should be. Mahito changed his arms to swords and blocked Lucy's sword. Her jaw clenched as she used her other sword to swipe his side. Mahito's eyes widened when it knicked him as she pulled her first sword back and kicked his abdomen, which he left wide open. Mahito flipped back until he was on his feet, but Lucy appeared behind him and slashed his back before ramming her sword behind his neck, the satisfaction she felt when she did that was beyond great. She ran until she had him pinned against the wall.