Thirty-Three

Lucy was getting a massive headache. It wasn't because she didn't have her tea or coffee in the morning. It wasn't from Gojo trying to delay her leave. No, it was from Itadori rambling on about the movies they should watch after their training. It was fine the first few minutes until he rambled on and on about watching Lord of the Rings then it slowly changed to anything Marvel. It wasn't the suggestions she mind but her headache grew the more detailed he gave about each movie.

"I'm not sure how you'll feel about Spider-Man but I really think you might like Blade," Itadori rambled on. "This one's not Marvel but we could watch Matrix. I don't know if you're into Rom-Com so maybe we should watch The Proposal. You might like watching Sandra Bullock dancing in this one scene."

Lucy sighed in annoyance. "Itadori," she began.

"Be quiet?"

"Right. I don't care what movies we watch. I'm just going to ignore them anyway."

Itadori tilted his head before he began thinking. "Well, how about we stop by the bookstore? You're mostly reading so...how about we buy you some on the way back?"

Lucy raised her brow. "You know some books I might enjoy?"

Itadori pondered at the thought. "We could start off with the classics and go from there. Start with Shakespeare, then introduced you to Robert Stevenson, maybe even some Stephen King." He soon gasped. "While we get you those, I can look for more manga!"

Lucy could see the excitement in his eyes. "All right." She looked up ahead at Ijichi, who was shaking in the driver's seat. "You good with that?"

Ijichi was still terrified of the young Ackerman so he shrieked, "Ok!"

"Uhh..." Itadori began as he noticed Ijichi shaking. "Are you ok? You're looking a little pale."

"I'm fine." Ijichi let out a breath when he saw their target walking up ahead. "There he is."

The duo looked up ahead. "Huh? Where's his uniform?"

"It looks like he hasn't been attending school for some time."

"Well, I guess you can say the same for me, too."

"You're dead, he's not," Lucy reminded him.

Itadori gave Lucy his attention and asked, "So, how is everyone doing?"

"They're doing well." She pulled out her phone to see the text messages she received from Megumi, unaware of Itadori's smile. It was mostly asking if she could help them train for the Exchange Event. The next one was a photo of Panda throwing Nobara around like a rag doll to show her they really need help. Lucy sighed. "After this, I gotta head back and help them train for the Exchange Event. That's where we're gonna make you 'big reveal' as the idiot likes to put it."

Far on his other assignment, Satoru Gojo let out a huge sneeze. He sniffled before he scratched his nose. "That's weird," he said.

Itadori nodded. "So, what do we do now?"

Ijichi stopped the car. "We're going to use that," he said as he glanced at the cage in the front seat.

"What exactly is it?" Lucy wondered as she looked at the gremlin-like curse.

"It's a Fly Head: a low-level curse that doesn't even qualify as a Grade 4. When there are no people around, we'll release this curse to attack him."

Itadori's eyes widened. "Huh?"

"Ok, simple enough," Lucy said.

Ijichi nodded. "Then one of four things will happen; one, if he's a normal person who can't even see curses, you will please save him. Two, if he can proceed the curse but has no means to deal with it, likewise, save him. Afterwards, we'll question him about the theater incident. Three, if he exorcises the Fly Head with jujutsu...Lucy will immediately restrain him."

"Restrain him how?" Itadori showed his worry for the teen.

"By whatever force necessary," Lucy answered. The seriousness on her face made the duo gulp in fear.

"What if it's a big misunderstanding?"

Lucy pointed at Ijichi. "I was given permission to punch him after apologizing."

Ijichi jumped again and mentally cursed the white-haired sorcerer who gave her permission. He shook his head before giving them the last plan. "Four, if Junpei Yoshino has potential equal to a Grade 2 sorcerer then we retreat and report to Nanami."

"From what I've seen, I'm thinking I can just handle a Grade 2."

"Not in this case." Lucy and Itadori looked at him so he can give further explanation. "Fushiguro might have mentioned this to you before. Typically, cursed spirits are assigned to sorcerers of equal grade. That means a Grade 2 sorcerer would be expected to beat Grade 2 cursed spirits. So a Grade 2 sorcerer possesses strength close to a Grade 1 cursed spirit."

Itadori let out a breath. "Why the hell wasn't I ever told something as important as that."

"Because that idiot teacher didn't tell you," Lucy grumbled. Ijichi nodded in agreement. "Does that brat need someone to knock some responsibility into him?"

Again, on his mission, Gojo let out a sneeze. "Man, I should really take some vitamins."

"You mean, no one taught you this either?" Itadori questioned.

Lucy shook her head. "Maki and Megumi were helping me know more about curses but we've always gotten interrupted by something." More like someone.

"Who's Maki?"

"One of the second years. You'll meet her and the others at the Exchange Event." She looks at Ijichi. "We'll walk from here. Make sure that curse stays in its cage."

Not waiting for a response, Lucy got out. Itadori blinked a few times as he was confused about what was happening. It was Ijichi's plan but it seems Lucy took the lead. Itadori was pulled back from reality when Lucy yanked his ear.

"If you don't hurry up, he's gonna get away," she said.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow," he repeated. "Why am I always getting hurt here?"

"Because the best way to teach a lesson is through pain."

And Gojo is gonna go through hell once I get my hands on him.

》》》》

A/N: Junpei next chapter! Junpei next chapter!