Fifty-One

Just as promised, Levi and Lucy took Isabel in. With a silent agreement, Levi would teach Isabel how to use the ODM gear while Lucy taught her how to clean. In those short few months, the siblings would consider Isabel one of their closest friends. Lucy even noticed the small attachment the girl is to her brother.

"Eeek, I'm so excited!" Isabel cheered. She pulled Lucy and Farlan close to her and let out a dramatic cry. "Big Bro is gonna have a brother!"

Farlan just proposed to Lucy and the younger Ackerman agreed. It happened a few minutes ago. Farlan assumed he and Lucy were alone in the house. Lucy was preparing some tea when Farlan stood behind her. Man, did he think the day he asked Lucy out was nerve-wracking enough? This was a hundred times worst. Farlan was sweating as he got tongue-tied. It got even worst when Lucy stared at him. Those mesmerizing eyes looked like they were staring right into his soul. He was so nervous that he word-vomited the question as 'Marry would Lucy me?!'

Lucy raised her brow as Farlan shook his head. His cheeks flushed in embarrassment before he grabbed her shoulders and kissed her. It calmed his nerves for a bit as he finally panted 'Would you marry me, Lucy?'

For her response, Lucy gave him a small smile and said, 'What took you so long, you idiot?'

They couldn't even celebrate when they heard an exciting squeal from Isabel, who was eavesdropping on them. Isabel had to admit that she was shocked when she heard about Lucy and Farlan being together, but the more she was around them the more she understood. In her own way, Lucy's a bit nicer whenever he's around.

Lucy sneered, "Get your arm off me, nosy fly." Remember, only a bit nicer.

Farlan smiled at his fiance. "She's happy for us. Leave her alone."

Lucy rolled her eyes. "If she tells Levi before we do, then I'm going to break her arms and cut her tongue out."

"I promise I won't say anything," Isabel reassured her. "But Levi-bro is going to be so happy for you."

"Let's hope so," Farlan said. "He did have a problem with us dating, at first."

"Because I tried to sleep with you, remember?" Lucy reminded him.

Farlan paled. "Yeah, but...we didn't do anything."

"That's why he was wary of you in the beginning. Many guys would have just slept with me without a problem, you didn't. Which shocked him then he assumed you had an alternative."

"I remember what he did the last time someone tried something." Farlan gulped as he recalls Levi stomping on the pervert's jewels. His hands subconsciously hid his pelvis. "Still haunts me to this day."

"He's just overprotective!" Isabel beamed as she grabbed Lucy's cheeks and squeezed them together. "You won the heart of the last thing he cherishes the most."

Isabel grunted as Lucy punched her stomach. "Personal space," Lucy said.

Holding her stomach, Isabel started to cry and looked at Farlan. "Farlan, she punched me!"

"If you invaded her personal space, you probably deserve it," Levi said as he walked into the kitchen. Isabel and Farlan froze as Levi walked over to Lucy, who handed him his tea. "What's with all the commotion?"

Isabel began shaking. She was so excited about the engagement that she almost blurted it out. Her mouth opened to reveal the great news but Lucy held her hand over it to shut her up.