Forty-Nine

Lucy can deal with Titans. She can deal with Jujutsu Sorcerers and curses. But there's one thing Lucy Ackerman can't deal with is...

Ring shopping...

With Gojo.

All afternoon, Gojo dragged Lucy around the mall to find the "perfect ring." She doesn't regret saying yes to his proposal, but she wants to head back to the school and train some more. Every ring Gojo has picked out for her was, well, too flashy for her.

"Oooh, what about this one?" Gojo asked, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, pointing to another ring in the display case.

"No," Lucy said, eyes not even looking.

Gojo looked again and pointed at another one. "What about this one? The diamond on this thing is HUGE!"

"No."

Lucy pulled away from him and exited the shop. Gojo gave her a confused look and followed her out.

"You're really not a material girl," Gojo joked from behind. "It's fine. There's still a few more stores we can try -"

"Let's just head back," Lucy cut him off. "I'm still annoyed that you dragged me here."

"Because you're my fiancé. My future wife. I need your opinion about the ring." Gojo pulled Lucy back and wrapped his arms around her. He smiled as he squeezed her cheeks together. "Most importantly, I want to see the look on your face when I get you the perfect ring."

"I'd rather wear the condom."

"As you should for protection."

"And I've already told you not to spend so much money on me." Lucy elbowed his side. "Now, stop squeezing my cheeks." She cleared her throat. "I don't want you to spend that much anyway in case it goes to waste."

Gojo's smile faltered as he picked up what she was insinuating. Lucy didn't want him to spend money on her in case she returns home.

"Believe me, it won't," he reassured her. He laid his cheek on top of her head. "Think of it as our commitment and devotion to each other. I'm all yours until the very end and even if you get transported back to your universe, it'll be a little piece of me."

Lucy sighed. "Gojo."

Gojo had a cheeky grin. "I know, I'm a romantic."

"If you want to call it that." Gojo gawked as he suddenly became pale at her comment. Lucy took that as her opportunity to pull away from the sorcerer and continued her walk. "You're only saying it to get into my pants tonight."

"Oooh, you know I'm always up for it, but not today." He appeared in front of Lucy and held a finger up. "Tonight, I'm finally taking you out on that date. You know before something happens and you get kidnapped again." Lucy glared at him. "I'm kidding. But we have waited long enough for this day so I wanted to make it extra special."

"And what exactly do you have in mind?"

》》》》

At out all the places Gojo could have taken her for a first date, Lucy could say she was surprised when they were at the sea again.

"I thought this would be the best spot," Gojo said as the couple sat next to each other. "The last time we were out here didn't go exactly...well. But I figured you enjoy this place so much, it would have been perfect for our first date."

Lucy raised her brow at him. "And how did you figure that?"

"A lot of things. When we were here, you were finally relaxed and having fun. Second, the way your eyes lit up the first moment we arrived." Gojo gave her a heartfelt smile. "Most importantly, we were right here when I knew I was in love with you." He expected Lucy to smile but she was just staring at him, lost in thought. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"You're very observant," Lucy said. "I got to admit, you might act childish and immature," those words stuck a core in Gojo, "but you're smart. So you know what to expect for the near future."

"Aww, you finally complimented me after all this time. Maybe I should have proposed sooner." He pulled out his phone and showed Lucy a really steamy photo. "All though, I never would have gotten this photo if I did."

Lucy's eyes almost popped out. It was in fact the night of the proposal. She didn't even know he took it. It was a picture of Gojo behind Lucy while they were going at it doggy-style. Sure the blanket covered his waist and her chest was covered by the mattress, but you can see the blush that ran across the bridge of her nose while Gojo looked at the camera and smiled.

"I'm going to kill you for that," Lucy sneered as she tried to ignore her own blush.

"What? I thought it was fair since you changed your wallpaper to me in bed."

"Except you had clothes on, we don't in here. If anyone sees that photo -"

"Then they'll know I have the hottest fiance."

Lucy punched his chest. "You're an idiot." She realized that Gojo allowed her to hit him again, which was bugging her since she knew he could have easily dodged it. "And strange."

"Come on, I'm not that strange," Gojo whined.

"Then explain to me how I'm the only one who can actually land a hit on you. That volcano-looking curse? Utahime? They all attacked or threw something at you but it just bounced off you like some invisible barrier. Now, what I want to know is why I'm the only exception?"

"Because it's a major turn-on when you do it." Lucy glared at him. "Ok, fine. To tell you the truth, I only dropped the barrier with you from the start so you can learn to trust me. I figured I'd just bring it back up once you got more comfortable or returned home. But the more I was with you, I don't know, I didn't mind letting my guard down when I'm just with you."

"To think one crazy incident is what brought us together," Lucy mumbled as she looked toward the sunset. She glanced down when she felt Gojo's hand laced with hers. "Didn't think things would turn out this way."

"Me either. And I'm happy it did." The couple sat in comfortable silence. Lucy leaned over and kissed Gojo's cheek. "What was that for?"

"Just 'cause," Lucy said. She was about to scoot back into her original spot but Gojo pulled her until she sat in front of him. Her back leaned against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We're going to be married someday and I still don't know a lot about you," Gojo began.

"There's not much to know."

"Yes, there is. You know about me. My students. We don't know anything about you."

"You know things about me."

"I'm not saying go into your life story. I just wanna know more about you. Like...how did you get into the Scouts in the first place?"

"It's not something I like talking about."

"That bad?"

Lucy shook her head. "No. Just...the things I've done in the past were bad. Where I lived was the absolute worst. You had to steal and fight to survive and pray they were smart enough not to steal from you."

"And it was just you and Levi?"

"Yeah."

Lucy didn't think he would want to talk about her life underground. She tried to block that part in her mind because of everything she's done. From prostituting herself, she stole, fought, and everything horrible thing you could think of, she's probably done it.

"I'm not going to judge you," Gojo reassured her.

"I know you won't." She glanced up at him. "It's just...I don't know how well you're going to handle it."

"I'm all ears." Gojo blinked a few times when Lucy suddenly got up. "What are you doing?"

"If you want to know about how I joined the Scouts, then I think everyone else needs to hear it, too."

》》》》

A/N: Lucy and Gojo are back! The next few chapters are going to be based on Attack on Titan: No Regrets, so since it's a flashback, everything is going to be in italics but will return back to normal when someone is talking or interrupts. So be prepared to read about Lucy's past before she joined the Survey Corps. And get ready to read about Isabel, Farlan, and Levi.