Sixteen

Gojo sat quietly in the back of the car. His mind wondered about Lucy. Strange how the girl could just drop from another universe. He had a few thoughts and ideas about how she fell inside the portal. A curse user creating it? Nah, something like that might kill the sorcerer. Did someone hold such a grudge against Lucy? Was someone after her brother that they thought getting rid of her would make him suffer? The possibilities were endless.

Ijichi thought it was too quiet, even for Gojo. "Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing really," Gojo answered.

"You have some time before your appointment with the principal. Do you want to stop anywhere?"

"No, thanks. I'll surprise him and show up early for a change." He glanced out the window. "I wanted to surprise Lulu with a little gift, but she probably wouldn't accept it."

Ijichi glanced at him through the mirror. "Why would you think that?"

"Because everything I've given her so far, she doesn't seem to like it. Sweets, a phone to call whenever she's in danger...she doesn't seem to like any of it. You think someone would love those kinds of things." I wonder what she's doing right now. She is stuck with Yuji...hopefully she doesn't kill him.

Meanwhile with Itadori and Lucy...

"What's with this movie?" Lucy asked as they watched the ending of Grease.

Itadori glanced at her. "What? You don't like it?"

"No."

"Not even the musical numbers?"

"Almost put me to sleep."

"Maybe musicals aren't your thing. We could watch some action or sci-i next." He grabbed his drink and was about to take a sip when the part of Danny and Sandy got in the car and flew away. He thought of something during the dip but the cursed doll woke up and punched Itadori, which made Lucy sigh in annoyance. "Don't attack me while I'm drinking soda!"

Lucy gave him a known look. "Don't drink."

Itadori whined, "You can't watch a movie without chips and soda! It's like me saying you can't have tea in the morning."

Back with Gojo...

"To be fair, Lucy doesn't seem to be the type to hold onto material things. Try something she can remember, even when she goes back to her world."

"Something she can remember?" Gojo wondered. What could that be? That's when, right then and there, Gojo had a bright idea. It might take him a while, but he needed to plan it out perfectly. But he couldn't right now when he sensed a curse nearby. "Stop here." Ijichi was a bit confused but stopped nonetheless. Gojo got out of the car. "You go on ahead."

"Is this a test or something?" Ijichi worried. "You're going to hit me if I drive away without you, aren't you?"

"Just what type of guy do you think I am?"

"Ok, then." Ijichi drove off.

Gojo watched as he drove away, the curse coming closer to him. "All right," Gojo called out. Right on cue, the cursed spirit, whose head resembles Mt. Fuji, dropped from the sky and landed in front of Gojo. His landing was so hard, the force was enough to knock Gojo back. "I see. Who are you then?"

The cursed spirit went to attack him. With a flick of his wrist, a small volcano came from the side of the road - behind Gojo - and started to erupt. It blasted him across the forest, leaving behind ash and lava.

"That was a whole lot easier than I expected it was gonna be," the curse, Jogo, laughed. He saw something move from the dust cloud. "Huh?"

"So then just...who are you calling easy?" Gojo questioned as he made the ash and the lava disappear from his forcefield.