Sixty

Flashback (Levi's POV)

Kenny Ackerman was coughing violently. The metallic taste filled his mouth as blood soon splattered out of his mouth. "You must have a death wish or something," he commented before shoving the titan injection toward Levi's chest.

Levi looked at him confusingly and started to ask, "What are you -"

When the box was in Levi's hands, Kenny grabbed a fistful of Levi's shirt before yanking him down so he could whisper in his ear, "There's a way to get to Lucy." Levi's eyes widened as a small hopeful gleam appeared in his chest. "Near the entrance of the Underground, there's this weird light that just floats in place. I'm not sure what's going on with but I've seen these two men take Erwin. One had hair like no other with weird patches on his face. If they took Erwin, no doubt they're using him as some way to torture Lucy." He took a deep breath. "That light is still there. I bet it'll take you to Lucy."

"Are you sure?" Levi asked with a bit of doubt. This is the biggest news he's received in almost a year.

Light was slowly leaving Kenny's eyes. In his way, he tried to make amends with Levi. Too bad he couldn't do the same to Lucy. Hopefully, the information he gave Levi was enough to bring her back. Kenny almost shook his head but his heart stopped beating. His hand went limb and fell to his side.

When Levi didn't get an answer, he looked at Kenny to see him at peace.

》》》》

Levi only told Hange where he was going. He didn't want the other Scouts to lose focus and he didn't want any of their help getting Lucy back. He listened to Kenny and went toward the entrance of the Underground. It finally made sense in Erwin's disappearance. They couldn't find him one day and everyone began to assume he ran off. Levi had a gut feeling that it wasn't the case, but it turned out he was right.

Walking toward the door, Levi stopped as he scanned the area. He only spotted the door that led toward the Underground and nothing else.

"Figures," he mumbled. He was about to leave when this bright light engulfed his vision. Levi turned as a hole somehow magically appeared on a wall not that far. The light beckoned him to follow it. Listening to his instincts, Levi followed it.

He felt like he was walking forever, but he didn't want to run and find out it was some sort of trap. When he saw that glowing blue light at the end, his doubts went out the window. Just to make sure it wasn't a trap, Levi grabbed a nearby pebble and threw it inside the hole. To his surprise, the pebble was thrown back.

"Here goes nothing," he said before walking inside the portal.

Soon, Levi found himself outside a strange abandoned building. He looked around confusingly, all these tall buildings were a bit surprising to him. He heard ringing and quickly turned around to see a crowd of people not that far. Levi followed the crowd as he took in his surroundings.

"What the hell is this place?" he asked no one in particular.

He felt someone bump into him. "Sorry, man, my bad," the stranger tried to apologize but shrank back at the glare Levi's giving him. The man shrieked before running in the other direction. "I said I'm sorry!!"

"Pathetic," Levi grumbled. He looked around. "Strange, there are no walls here." He cringed when he saw this elderly man sneeze into his hand.  A mother walked past him with her son holding her hand. The son had his finger up his nose and was picking at it before wiping the booger on a bench, even though the mother witnessed everything. "Are people more disgusting here?" He sighed. "How the hell am I supposed to find Lucy in this place?"