☆ 1.12 ~ safety net

i've never been this scared before
feelings i just can't ignore don't know if i should fight or fly but I don't mind
~ ariana grande featuring ty dolla $ign, safety net

i've never been this scared before feelings i just can't ignore don't know if i should fight or fly but I don't mind~ ariana grande featuring ty dolla $ign, safety net

As luck would have it, Lydia was able to convince Elena to let her go to Rae's house for a few hours, although she would have to be dropped off and picked up by Elena. Though it had been a few days since their fight, nothing changed between the two sisters. Lydia was still hardly talking to her, choosing to spend more time with Jeremy instead. She was glad that she was at Rae's house because for the first time in a while, she found herself somewhat happy, but it wasn't because of Rae. In these past few days, Lydia hadn't been able to see Kol and she only called him once. The rest of their communication was done through text since it was the only way that Elena couldn't hear them talking. Even through texts, it was hard to communicate because every time her cheeks blushed or a giggle escaped her lips, Elena grew curious, so it was nice to be able to text him freely for once.

For her at least, not so much for Rae who had invited her over with a sneaking suspicion that Lydia would want to go see Kol. In the middle of Rae's conversation about what to wear for an upcoming school dance that was a little ways away, Kol texted her and she couldn't help but respond.

"What are you all smiley for?" Rae asked, noticing that Lydia was glancing down at her phone while listening to Rae speak.

"Oh, nothing," Lydia answered, dropping her phone onto Rae's bed so that she could focus on her friend."Jer just sent me something funny."

"Nope, that's the smile you get when you're flirting," Rae smirked at her, leaning forward a little bit while moving to lay down on her side, using her hand to hold her head up while her elbow was on the bed.

"What?" Lydia exclaimed, shaking her head quickly."No! I don't flirt."

"Yes you do, is it that Mikaelson dude?" Rae laughed. Lydia wasn't one to talk about anything romantic, Rae knew that.

"Kol," Lydia corrected, admiring that she was indeed texting him at the moment."Sorry. I'm just not allowed to see him and it's kinda hard."

"So go now," Rae shrugged her shoulders."Just make sure to be back before Elena comes."

As much as Lydia wanted to take Rae up on the offer, she didn't want to be rude. Rae invited her over and she should stay with her."I don't wanna ditch you."

"You aren't," Rae brushed it off, standing up from the bed and grabbing Lydia's hands so that she followed her up."I get it. Go be with your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend!" Lydia immediately denied it, not wanting Rae to get the wrong impression.

"But you want him to be," Rae continued to tease, practically pushing Lydia through her bedroom door."Go on. You don't want to keep him waiting."