☆ 3.7 ~ wake me up

so wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older
all this time i was finding myself, and i
didn't know i was lost
~ avicii, wake me up

so wake me up when it's all overwhen i'm wiser and i'm olderall this time i was finding myself, and ididn't know i was lost~ avicii, wake me up

Lydia nearly froze upon hearing that voice. She hadn't heard it in so long. Well, she had. When her mind created it as a way for her to stop fighting for her life. But it was different now. This time the voice sounded gentle and warm, it was comforting but Lydia knew it wasn't real. She was fooled once. It wasn't going to happen again, but still, Lydia had to acknowledge it.

"Jenna?" Lydia whispered, keeping her eyes closed. The voice didn't sound like it was coming from around her. It was inside her mind.

"Hi, honey." Jenna's voice came through once again and this time, Lydia was greeted by confusion for how this was possible. She couldn't deny that it was Jenna's voice, she just didn't understand how she was hearing it.

"T-this doesn't make any sense," Lydia spoke again."Why can I hear you? This isn't real."

"Yes it is," Silas' voice spoke from in front of her and for a second, Lydia forgot that he was even sitting in front of her with his hands wrapped around hers."I told you, psychics have many different abilities. This is one of yours."

"I-I've gone through this before," Lydia reminded him though she wasn't sure he even knew what happened. He seemed to know everything about her."I thought she was there and she wasn't."

"Why don't you two spend some time with each other?" Silas advised her."Maybe this will remind you of what I can do for you. Goodbye Lydia."

Lydia slowly felt Silas' hands pull away from hers and she could hear shuffling as he stood up and began to walk away, the sound of the grass rustling with every step slowly fading as he moved further and further away. A part of Lydia wanted him to stay. Not because she enjoyed his company, but because she didn't know what was going on and she would rather not be alone.

"You are not going to that man for anything." Jenna spoke up once Silas had gone.

"Is that. . . Is it really you?" Lydia wondered aloud, wishing that she would have some way of knowing for sure.

"Yes. It is me. Not that crazy version of myself your mind made up." Jenna somewhat joked which made Lydia breathe out a laugh, but she still wasn't quite sure. She knew she was a psychic and from what she learned from Elvira, psychics could contact the dead. But that was only if they were incredibly powerful which Lydia was almost certain she wasn't.

"I don't understand," Lydia admitted.

"I don't really either," Jenna shared with a small sigh."I got killed just a few days after learning about all of this stuff. But I had some time to catch up on the Other Side."

"You were there?" Lydia swallowed tightly. In her mind, she had convinced herself that Jenna had managed to find peace. She was a good person after all. She never hurt anyone, she was kind and strong. The last thing Lydia ever wanted for Jenna was for her to be by herself, wandering around."Alone?"