☆ 4.29 ~ an evening i won't forget

i still love you, though
i still love you always
so hold me when i'm home
keep the evenings long
let's not crack and break and part ways
~ dermot kennedy, an evening i won't forget

i still love you, thoughi still love you alwaysso hold me when i'm homekeep the evenings longlet's not crack and break and part ways~ dermot kennedy, an evening i won't forget

15 comments for an early update! questions left on the interview for act five in the next chapter (uploaded right after this one) will be counted!

Lydia's bare arms leaned against the old, wooden railing as she stared deep into the night. She ignored the chilly air that whipped across her skin and the poking of the splinters against her arms. She couldn't make anything out exactly. It was dark. All she could see was the water that ran underneath the bridge through some small holes if she looked down. If she looked up, she could see bits of the starry sky. Other than that, she was pretty much alone in the dark.

Lydia typically hated alone, but she hated being alone in places where she shouldn't be. Like she was a few hours ago. Sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for her siblings to come home. But after she noticing the pizza was cold, watching the ice melt in the glasses she had set out, and realizing that each creak she heard in the house wasn't the sound of her door opening, she left. She didn't want to be alone in a place where she should be surrounded by love. Out in the forest was different. The goal was to be alone. That's what she wanted. To be in the place that she had found a few years back, after temporarily leaving her house after getting in trouble. It was the only place she could go that no one could find her. At least that's what she thought.

"Pretty girl, lost in her thoughts, enamoured by the feeling of being alone in the night, is found by a handsome stranger seeking the same," A voice from beside her spoke up, causing her to jump in her spot and shriek."This sounds like the beginning of one of those sappy romance novels my dear sister indulges in."

"Oh my god!" Lydia jumped out, turning around to notice a man that she didn't recognize standing at the foot of the bridge. Lydia couldn't make his face out well. She didn't even hear him come up."W-why would you sneak up on me like that? Why would you even-, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"I could ask you the same question," He pointed out."Even take it a step further, since I am just on a late night stroll. You, however, are standing on the middle of a broken bridge with clothes definitely not suitable for this weather."

He wasn't technically wrong. The bridge was falling apart and it was cold outside, but when Lydia left, she forgot to grab a coat and was stuck in a loose pair of pants and a t-shirt."Yeah, but I was minding my own business unlike you. Let me do my loneliness night time ritual and you can do yours somewhere else."

He chuckled a little bit, taking a step forward, but he didn't step onto the bridge."What if I wanted to be at your side? I do enjoy the company of a woman with such fire."