☆ 2.8 ~ terrible love

i won't follow you into the rabbit hole
i said i would but then i saw
your shivered bones
they didn't want me to
~ birdy, words

Lydia sat with her legs crossed against the couch, fiddling with her fingers as her hands rested in her lap and she stared blankly ahead

Lydia sat with her legs crossed against the couch, fiddling with her fingers as her hands rested in her lap and she stared blankly ahead. It had been a while since she had last been in this spot. A few months, but it wasn't the first time in a while that she had spoken to her therapist. She had opted for virtual sessions while away with Kol but it just felt like it was an hour out of her day where she had to sit in front of a computer. Now it seemed so personal and more like Lydia was back in the state that she had been in all those months ago. Which was the reason why she was here. It had been a few days since she walked out on Kol and she was having a hard time getting past what he said to her. And what she said to him.

"Do you think I've made any progress?" Lydia mumbled quietly, biting down on her bottom lip and glancing at her light blue jeans."At all? Am I. . . Healing?"

Georgia sighed and leaned forward from her hair, staring over at Lydia who seemed more down than usual which could be attributed to the fact that she had gotten into a fight with Kol and had just run into her ex boyfriend. It had seemed like all her progress had been wiped away, but Georgia knew it hadn't otherwise Lydia wouldn't be here and she wouldn't be asking because a few months ago, Lydia didn't think she needed to talk about anything.

"Healing is a slow process," Georgia explained gently."You know it is and you might not see the results day by day, but look back to the place you were in a few months ago. Do you feel different?"

"I do," Lydia answered almost immediately, sounding frustrated as she gripped the denim with her fingers."I know I'm different, better even. But he doesn't see that. No one does. They think I'm broken and if they still think that then maybe. . . Maybe it's true. Maybe I am broken."

"And why do you think he believes you aren't healing?" Georgia questioned softly, watching as Lydia furrowed her brows as she thought for a moment. She didn't know why Kol didn't think she was better, but her mind jumped to the worst conclusion.

"Do you think he wants me to stay broken?" Lydia whispered while tugging at the ends of her sweater."Maybe Jeremy was right and the only thing that attracted him to me was that he saw me as some project."

Georgia hesitated to respond, knowing she could go either two routs. She could give Lydia advice, she could talk her through it or she could tell Lydia something that she knew was certain and would most likely help Lydia."Lydia, I didn't tell you this because he asked me not to, but I spoke with Kol a few weeks ago."

Lydia raised her eyebrows and looked up at Georgia, tilting her head to the side as she grew confused. A few weeks ago her and Kol were still on their trip but Lydia didn't remember Kol ever calling Georgia while they were away which meant he must've done it in private without her knowledge."What did he want?"