☆ 5.2 ~ you're somebody else

you look like yourself but you're somebody else
only it ain't on the surface
well you talk like yourself
no, i hear someone else though
now you're making me nervous
~ flora cash, you're somebody else

you look like yourself but you're somebody elseonly it ain't on the surface well you talk like yourselfno, i hear someone else though now you're making me nervous~ flora cash, you're somebody else

15 comments for the next update. my comments do not count!

Kol wanted nothing more than to break the cellphone in his hand. He didn't want to hear his brother's voice anymore. Kol couldn't do that. If he ignored Klaus, his brother would just call Stefan, then Caroline, and probably Elena to get him on the phone. The four of them had just arrived in the city to find Lydia and were only just leaving when Kol got the call from him. He never told Klaus or Elijah that he was heading to New York. So now, they were trying to get him to some stupid event they were invited to. Kol wasn't the least bit interested, regardless of whether or not he was busy searching for Lydia. She could be at his side and Kol still had no interest in going.

"I already told you that I will not be attending Niklaus," Kol rolled his eyes as he leaned against the wall in the lobby.

"And as I said, we need to be a united front," Klaus insisted."We were all invited, yes even you. Your invitation came to your room. We will all be in attendance."

"Nik, I am not even in Mystic Falls," Kol let out a small huff."We found a lead on Lydia. We're in New York."

"Well, isn't that just perfect," Klaus sounded rather happy about that, which could only mean one thing."We just so happen to be on our way. I will send you the address and you can meet us there at eight."

Before Kol was even able to open his mouth to protest, the line went dead when Klaus hung up on him. He closed his eyes tightly and let out a small sigh. His plan was to spend the whole day searching for Lydia. Not to help his brother scare off some potential enemies.

"Your brother has already managed to rope you into something?" Caroline asked, coming up to Kol. They decided to split up to cover more ground. Stefan went with Elena and Caroline was going to go with Kol when he got the call from Klaus. Elena suggested the pairs. Kol wondered if that was because she didn't want to be stuck with Kol or because she didn't want Caroline and Stefan to be together. All they did was bicker since Lydia left. Caroline wasn't feeling as optimistic as she was before, she didn't even know what they were looking for. They had looked in the city before and nothing came of it.

"Yes, let's just hope he disposes of this new threat quickly," Kol responded. He was tired of having to put up with constant enemies to the family because his brother chose to mess with people instead of just killing them.

The first thing that Kol had noticed when he approached the sleek, modern building that he was meant to head into was the busy crowd outside, along with a few photographers. He didn't know what was going on, but Elijah and Klaus told him to meet them on the opposite side of the building, the back entrance. He was sure that they were going to scold him for being a few minutes late, but all his focus had been on finding Lydia. Running through the city had been much more different from when he was there last, with Lydia at his side. One of the things he used to love most about the city was how it was filled with people. He felt like he could disappear. From what he understood, Lydia had felt that way too. And now she had done just that.