☆ 2.7 ~ words

trigger warning: discussion on past abuse & implied suicidal thoughts
if i can't hold you now keep thinking that you might not come around i have no words, i have no words to say if i can't change your mind
keep thinking, is this our last goodbye?
~ birdy, words

trigger warning: discussion on past abuse & implied suicidal thoughtsif i can't hold you now keep thinking that you might not come around i have no words, i have no words to say if i can't change your mindkeep thinking, is this our last goodbye?~ ...

One of the things that Lydia was having trouble coming to terms with was that she didn't have a home anymore. She grew up and lived in one house her whole life, it was all she ever knew. It was where she had her first steps. She had her picture on the stairs on the first day of school. It was where she had many important moments in her life. It was also where she was killed, but the house stopped feeling like home ages ago, she just didn't realize it until she felt like she no longer belonged there. Or with her family.

Now the closest thing she had to home was the Mikaelson Manor. They did their best to make her feel at home and Lydia appreciated it, but something was still not quite right yet and she wasn't sure what it was. But after sobbing in Stefan's arms for the better part of an hour, she was all cried out and wanted nothing more than to go lay in her bed. But it wasn't really her bed. It was Kol's and while she didn't miss her last home, she certainly did miss her room.

Stefan had just dropped her off a few seconds ago. He offered to come inside and stay with her or take her somewhere else that she felt comfortable, but Lydia didn't want to interact with anyone for the rest of the day. She just wanted to hide away from the rest of the world and try her best to block out all the pain she was going through but she knew that wasn't possible. It was just going to overwhelm her. Lydia was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't realized another resident of the Mikaelson Manor approaching her.

"Lydia? What happened?" Rebekah's voice rang out through the foyer as she came down the staircase while Lydia walked in, noticing the young hybrid's puffy and red eyes.

Lydia opened her mouth to speak but she found herself unable to speak without crying too. Instead she found herself leaning towards Rebekah and burying her head in her blonde hair, wrapping her arms around her back.

"Oh! Are you alright?" Rebekah sounded a bit shocked, placing her hand on Lydia's back. She wasn't the best at comforting people but at the very least she could hug her."What happened?"

"I-I ran into Jace," Lydia mumbled, squeezing her eyes shut, worried that if she talked too much she would just start crying even more.

"Jace?" Rebekah rose her voice slightly, anger immediately filling it but she tried to relax for Lydia's sake."I thought the Salvatores compelled him to stay away. Where is Kol?"

"With Jace," Lydia answered but she didn't have much to go off of since Stefan didn't give her a lot of information but she imagined that Kol was in the middle of torturing him. Lydia tried not to think about it. She didn't like thinking about violence, but she didn't care enough for Jace to do anything about it.