☆ 6.17 ~ intro

i want you with me on this road to the sky
we'll be shining every night i promise you
just me and you
~ ariana grande, intro

comments until next chapter: 15
question of the chapter: which one of these names do you prefer: luna, estelle, rhea, or phoebe.

Lydia stared ahead at the table in front of her, her eyes darting from the various pieces of cake. They were just placed down in front of her and Kol who sat to her left. There were twelve slices on the table. Each a mix of different flavours and frosting. All different from the ones they tried a few minutes ago. They had been cake tasting for roughly forty minutes. Lydia was pretty sure that Kol had already decided on the ones that he liked, but was just trying them all for fun. Lydia didn't mind.

It had been a few weeks since Lydia's birthday. Since then, they had begun to see different houses and apartments in the area and started planning their wedding. So far they had decided on an outdoors sunset wedding. They had picked a venue with a beautiful garden outside where they were to be married. The wedding was scheduled for the first of May. That left them about two months until the wedding. So far, all they had done aside from that was send out the invitations, pick some decorations, and settled on the flower arrangements. Lydia was going dress shopping later. They still had to plan the food and drinks. Things moved a lot quicker for them since they were vampires. There was no worry about costs or time constraints.

"Ugh, this one is disgusting, what the hell is this?" She heard Kol say from beside her as he dropped his fork down onto the plate after taking a bite of a cake with light yellow frosting.

"I believe that's the lemon one," Lydia replied to him. She never liked lemon flavoured things so she hadn't bothered to try it.

"Okay, I think it is safe to assume that we will not be having a lemon cake at our wedding," Kol decided, which Lydia had to agree with.

"As of now, which three do we like?" Lydia asked him.

"The champagne one, rose, and the cookies and cream cake," Kol reminded her.

"Do you think it's weird to have a cookies and cream cake at a wedding?" Lydia frowned. The other two both sounded formal, whereas cookies and cream sounded a little more fun.

"It is our wedding," He shrugged his shoulders, watching as Lydia's eyes widened for a second.

"It is our wedding!" Lydia exclaimed as if she suddenly realized that for the first time."So, we should have whatever cake we want. And we don't even need to have one. We can have a whole bunch. Like a table filled with different cakes. And one for cupcakes. And cookies. And candy, maybe even ice cream."

Kol couldn't help but smile at her sudden enthusiasm."Darling, who is going to eat all of that?"

"Me," Lydia shrugged her shoulders. Her and Kol had definitely had nights where they ate more than that together,

"Perhaps at that point it may be easier to buy you a bakery," Kol joked."But you do have a point. We could have one main cake, then have a variety of other desserts."

"I think that's a great idea," Lydia beamed happily."So now that we've figured out that, we have something else to figure out."

"Like which cake should be our main?" Kol raised his eyebrow, but she shook her head.

"Nope," Lydia said."We have to decide where we're going to dinner with my siblings."

Kol sighed loudly and looked up at the ceiling. He had agreed to go to dinner with them, but he kept pushing it off. He always found an excuse not to do it.