☆ 5.21 ~ volcano

and sometimes love, love just ain't enough
and sometimes dreams, dreams just turn to dust
~ emily hearn, volcano

20 comments until the next chapter!question of the chapter: how would you like to see lydia and kol meet for the first time/what would you like to see bring them together? as a note, the rest of this act will cover some of season 5 of the vampire ...

question of the chapter: how would you like to see lydia and kol meet for the first time/what would you like to see bring them together? as a note, the rest of this act will cover some of season 5 of the vampire diaries and season 2 of the originals! please answer this and check the author's note to see why i ask this!

Rae never had any interests in the performing arts. She wasn't shy. In fact, the few times she did get involved in school talent shows or plays, stage fright was never her issue. She just didn't enjoy it. She hated drama class even more. She didn't want to pretend to be anyone but herself, but she would. If it meant doing so would help her help her friend. Then it made sense.

Stefan had called Rae from California, asking her to come back out. This time, insisting that she was needed. Rae had no choice but to leave. She told Kol that she was heading back to Mystic Falls, and left New Orleans behind. What she didn't expect when she arrived was to be told that she had to pretend to be a vampire that was in need of help. That wasn't too far off. Rae was a vampire, and she could use some level of help, but she had mostly learned how to keep it in control at this point. Unfortunately, Lydia had given Rae's name as one of her accepted guests, so Rae couldn't use her own name.

"I can't believe that you told them my name was Edith," Rae huffed in annoyance as the car pulled into the parking lot, glancing to her left and looking at Elijah. Stefan had made the call to Rae, but he informed Elijah too, and he agreed to pick Rae up and explain to her what they were doing. He also set up the appointment.

"I did not have much time to think, I could not hesitate on a question as simple as what your name was," Elijah defended his position.

"You could have at least picked a name closer to mine," Rae shrugged her shoulders."So that if I messed up I could just say they misheard me. Now I have to pretend to be an Edith. I hope my acting skills don't completely suck."

"You will be fine," Elijah assured her."I have complete faith in you."

Rae sent him a small smile, hoping that he was right. She wasn't too nervous, all she had to do was act like she needed their help, and find out what type of "help" they offered. Since Lydia was so secretive about it, they had no other choice. They were all vampires or witches, so they couldn't be compelled. Elijah could compel them, but he wasn't invited inside. They didn't know who the owner of the property was, so they couldn't get in at all.

"I just hope that I can help her," Rae admitted with a tired sigh.

"I understand that you put your relationship with my sister on the line for this," Elijah nodded his head slowly."I do hope it's worth it."