☆ 6.6 ~ the last light

and i don't know where you are in the world
i'm still dreaming in a twilight sleep that i am still your girl do you remember all the things that you thought you could be? do you remember that you used to dream of me?
~ lily kershaw, the last light

and i don't know where you are in the worldi'm still dreaming in a twilight sleep that i am still your girl do you remember all the things that you thought you could be? do you remember that you used to dream of me?~ lily kershaw, the last light

25 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: how would you like to see a lydia and kol proposal go?

One thing that Lydia hated about the supernatural world was that she had to be suspicious of everyone. She never knew who was a vampire or a witch, whether they were a friend or an enemy. She couldn't be certain of where she was, she couldn't tell if she was dead or not, so she didn't know whether or not she could be killed. Kai didn't look intimidating, he looked to be about Lydia's age, her actual age. He wasn't as hesitant as she was, he didn't look uncertain or uncomfortable with where he was, which meant he must be familiar with the situation.

"So who are you exactly?" Lydia raised an eyebrow, still on her guard.

"Didn't I just tell you?" He frowned."Well, if you need to know my full name, it's Malachi Parker."

"Not your full name," Lydia corrected."I mean who are you? What are you? How did you get here? Where is here? What's going on-"

"Well you should've been specific then," Kai cut her off."Sorry, I'm not really good at the whole social interaction and niceties thing. I haven't had company in like forever. This world isn't exactly a tourist hot spot. I blame it on the never being able to leave part, kind of a downside, but hey if you like peace and quiet-"

"Sorry, what?" Lydia interrupted him, her eyes widening as she heard what he said to her.

"How am I supposed to tell you what's going on if you keep interrupting me?" Kai sighed in annoyance, shaking his head."No wonder you're confused."

"What do you mean about not being able to leave?" Lydia pressed on. Lydia didn't want to spend all of eternity with Kai, trapped in a ghost world that was set during the year she was born."What is this place?"

"Look at you, having all the questions," Kai chuckled, taking a few steps and pulling out the kitchen chair, taking a seat and looking up at Lydia."I have some too, if you don't mind. Starting with who you are and how you got here?"

"Lydia," She answered, sitting down across from Kai."I died. I ended up on the Other Side. I got pulled away and woke up here."

"I'm guessing that means you aren't human?" Kai looked for confirmation.

"I'm a vampire," Lydia answered. She didn't know whether or not she was still a psychic. She wasn't on the Other Side. She'd have to test it later, but not in front of Kai. She didn't like to broadcast what she was. It gave her an advantage when people didn't know that she was more than just an average vampire.