☆ 1.20 ~ here with me

callin' your name in the midnight hour
reaching for you from the endless dream
so many miles between us now but you are always here with me
~ susie suh x robot koch, here with me

callin' your name in the midnight hourreaching for you from the endless dreamso many miles between us now but you are always here with me~ susie suh x robot koch, here with me

italics are flashbacks

The past few days had been overwhelming for Lydia and she just now realized that as the week came to an end and she stepped into her dorm room, throwing her backpack on the twin sized bed by the door. The room was a mess which was the first time she realized something was wrong because she normally kept her room clean. But normally she was in her bedroom right next to her siblings' rooms in her childhood home, not in some small room that belonged to her new school. She couldn't blame herself that her room was a mess. After all, she had only decided to leave town for a fresh start with a suitcase and a backpack in the middle of the night which meant she had to purchase most stuff when she arrived. Stuff which came in packaging which was thrown on the floor throughout her room. Perhaps deciding to leave home in the middle of the school year was a dumb idea, she left the only life she ever known, but Elena was able to help her find a place that could take her and California wasn't too bad.

She was still trying to find her way around though since she hadn't really met anyone or made any friends. She sat alone at the dining hall for all three meals of the day and in her new classes, she sat in the back corner. Lydia wasn't sure why she wasn't able to connect with anyone, she meant to, but she would always shrink back in her eat when she got the chance like something wasn't right. It was her idea to go to the school, but some moments she regretted it and she couldn't tell why. It was just this feeling that she would get.

There were a few difficulties with adjusting. The small time different between her and her family back home was one. The fact that she left half her stuff was another. She didn't even remember to bring her medication which definitely left her a little bit panicked but Elena said she sent it so it was supposed to arrive any time soon. Overall, it had been an exhausting week and she wanted nothing more than to curl under her covers and go to sleep, but she knew she had to get started on her room. So with a tired sigh, she began to walk over to the area that needed the most help.

Elijah wasn't sure what he expected when he turned home for a short visit after being out of town for the last little while. He was hoping that he wouldn't have to, but unfortunately he wasn't able to get in contact with any of the two people he needed to talk to so he had to return. He tried reaching Kol a few times, but there was never any answer and the same went for Lydia. Her phone had been disconnected. He would've called her siblings, but he didn't trust any of them with the news and if asked to speak with her, they would get suspicious.

Upon returning home, he realized that Rebekah was no longer living in the manor but that she had moved out after a fight with Klaus which was surprising to him but he tried not to worry about it. This wasn't the first time Klaus and Rebekah fought and it wouldn't be the last. He was hoping to see Klaus doing something a little more productive than laying on the couch and drawing something on a sketch pad lazily.