☆ 3.14 ~ i knew you were trouble

i knew you wеre trouble when you walked in
so shame on me now
flew me to places i'd never been
now i'm lying on the cold hard ground
~ taylor swift, i knew you were trouble

i knew you wеre trouble when you walked inso shame on me nowflew me to places i'd never beennow i'm lying on the cold hard ground~ taylor swift, i knew you were trouble

A few days had passed since Lydia and Kol's personal prom and Lydia would be lying if she said things hadn't been tense between the two of them. She stopped sleeping in his room. She didn't feel welcome there anymore. Kol tried to tell her that she was being ridiculous and that he missed holding her at night, but she just said she didn't want to wake him when she came to bed. She spent most of her days with Silas, mostly at his place since Kol seemed to get more angry whenever he was around. Not that Lydia could blame him. She wasn't exactly Silas' biggest fan either. It also meant that Lydia had been incredibly tired the past few days. She was exerting herself trying to learn everything she could before Silas died. He assured Lydia that she wouldn't die when he did. That he had a way to ensure that she loved but Silas wouldn't say why.

Currently, Lydia was making her way down the staircase after having heard the doorbell ring since she was already on her way down the hall. As she made the way to the door, she thought about how it was most likely someone she didn't want to see. The Mikaelsons didn't have to ring the doorbell since it was their house. Rae now had a key and Stefan and Caroline just invited themselves in.

So Lydia wasn't too surprised when she opened the door and saw her sister standing in front of her, looking a bit worried. She heard from Stefan that Elena finally turned it back on."Elena? What are you doing here?"

"I-I wanted to talk to you," Elena answered nervously, fiddling with her fingers.

"That is a terrible idea," Kol spoke up from behind Lydia, causing her to jump in her spot since she didn't even realize he was behind her. He must've flashed in."Every time words leave your mouth, they hurt Lydia."

Lydia turned to face Kol, shaking her head slowly."It's alright, Kol."

"No it isn't," Kol stood by what he said."You have finally moved past your disappointment of a sister, do you really want to let her back into your life?"

"Just give us a moment, Kol," Lydia didn't bother to listen to what he had to say. She cared about what he thought, but she wanted to speak with Elena. She didn't know why. Something just told her that Elena was genuinely upset over something and wanted to talk to Lydia.

"I will be upstairs," Kol sighed in defeat. He didn't like the idea of Lydia and Elena in the same room together but if he heard anything suspicious, he would flash down in a second. So he nodded his head and slowly backed up before heading up the stairs.

Lydia turned back to face Elena, feeling equally as nervous as her sister. They hadn't talked in so long. Nothing gave them a reason to. Lydia didn't say anything, she simply spun around on her heel and waved for Elena to follow her. Lydia led her to the living room, figuring that it was a better place to talk than the front door. Once they were inside, Lydia sat down on the couch and crossed her legs underneath her, gesturing for Elena to sit but she only stood there awkwardly. Lydia couldn't blame her. She too would be uncomfortable if she was in the house of people who would love to see her dead.